Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Amy's Miracles, My Hair, Boiling Hot Weather!!!

It's hotter than hot here and I still cover my head when I go out - don't want sunburn and don't want to scare people but my hair is coming back in thick, white with a few dark hairs!  I rub my head many many times a day because it makes me happy!
So the absolutely marvelous miraculous best news of today is daughter-in-law Amy's regular follow-up MRI - ALL CLEAR!!!  Beating the odds for sure.  Her last appointment was about 6 months ago and the longest between folowups.  It was December 3 and I wanted to follow our usual routine and it was the day before my December 4 ovarian cancer surgery  - I go with her, wait in between MRI/Doc appointment for results and have lunch at Midtown Global Market at Manny's Tortas!  So in this new world of riots and burned building in that hospital/clinic area on Lake Street and the COVID crisis with only one person allowed, the market closed, her Dad went with her alone and it was probably a good idea since I don't need exposure to any germs anywhere.
So everyone says my head looks just like my Mom's as she chose to have short hair.
 Yup - that's our backyard and I do NOT like hot weather and humidity!
 I have only been able to walk with a friend a couple times, once outside and once at a nearby Mall with my buddy Beth (friends for about 52 years)!  Fully masked, hardly anyone shopping, and we did walk a couple miles and talked for a couple hours!!!
 Our usual ringing in the 4th Bloomington Summer Fete held since 1978 on July 3 of course had to be cancelled this year.  It usually has a few thousand fans sitting on blankets, music in the outdoor bandshell, food carts and fantastic fireworks and patriotic songs and honors!
So we have dinner at our house with fantastic people.  I can't believe that now Amy and I are the shortest ones - well, maybe 12 year old Lucy has an inch or so to grow to catch up.  We had so much fun and it's amazing that a 15 year old and 12 year old still enjoy fun and food with the old folks!
 Alex choose the dessert to bring and of course one of my all time favorites cherry dilly bars and the packaging is red, white and blue of course so very fitting.
 My friend Fran (also friends for about 52 years) makes the most beautiful cards and what a surprise this time with the magnet of Jamie Frasier of Outlander - how can you not love Jamie?????  I have watched 5 seasons and hope someday there will be another.
Our daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke from California will be here in a few days for a week.  JJ is a 911 dispatcher in Anaheim and also on the SWAT team there so as you can imagine they have been super busy!   I love how Rooke at almost 13 years old is so excited about coming to visit and have breakfast with just me every morning, see Minnehaha Falls, have the Jones Macaroni and Cheese and is up to do anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment