Pages

Monday, April 1, 2019

Happy April Fool's Day 2019!!! - Updated 17 April!!!

Pretty busy at our house and a week ago we started on our 2nd bathroom total takedown and remodel which is scheduled for 8-10 weeks so I drove 12 miles to Fleet Farm and bought 5 pounds of my red licorice to relieve stress:):):):)!  The first day we had to leave to go out to dinner and the workers were still demolishing and the dust set off our fire alarm so the security company gets called and they call my cell and I tell them they don't need to call the fire department.  Apparently it happens more often than you would think!  
So for now it's just photos from that last few weeks and I'll fill in the details in the next couple days!
OK - it's now 17 April and I'm filling in the details.  The reason for my good health and kinda long life are my daily Fleet Farm Old Fashioned Licorice Twists - two max per day and when I run low and get worried I drive a few miles to Fleet Farm and buy FIVE POUNDS!!!
My buddy forever Janelle - She is a generation below me, we started working together many years ago when she was just out of college and we are good support system for each other!
And we of course have the Famous FAB6 and it was Janelle and Mike's turn to host the dinner for 3 couples.  Love the wine label - we are not totally proper people!
These dinner have been going on I think for about 10 years now - since I retired and we tried to figure out ways we could get together and it works famously!  We try for quarterly and most of the time it works.

Our other great friends for decades - Beth and Jim - my taste testers for my menu trials.  And just today 17 April I dropped off my bike at their house as Jim has worked on bikes for years as a hobby and as a job in retirement and as a biker!
Janelle and I on a little sweet meetup for lunch and yes, these are angel wings made of of real green growing things.
The ice is out and the falls about a mile walk from our house are rushing into the creek - this was taken on 24 March 2019.
Next up - my 72nd birthday and after a visit from niece Sara and her 3.5 year old twins I dropped them all off at the MSP airport.  When I picked them up the week before I had them in car seats in my car while she followed us from the car rental place.  The discussion in my car:  "You like fizzy water?" - no I don't I like still water.  "Why you don't like fizzy water" - hmmm - this went on for almost 15 minutes and I still don't like fizzy water.
Dinner at son Chris and Amy's house.  Lucy is so fabulous with little kids and she loves them and they love her.
And Alex with little Keith - a 3.5 year old and a 14 year old on the floor together - life is good indeed!
Daughter-in-law Amy and niece Sara having a little Mom Time.  All the time I am thinking if her dad, my brother Keith, had not died of leukemia at age 34 - how much he would have loved his six grandchildren!!  I hope we are filling in at least some of the gaps.

At our house and a little piano duet - how sweet - and we have had a whole bunch of little piano players in our house and I like it.
My birthday gift from nieces Sara and Molly - they know me very well and I think my real name should be Sugar!!!
My gift from daughter Jenny who does such beautiful crochet work!  I "needed" a new case for my travel laptop and this one is so awesome and pretty soon it will be heading to Spain and France.
And they also sent these from their backyard in California - very very excellent fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment