Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Day in Minnesota! 1 May 2018

It's May Day 2018 and 20 years ago today son Chris and Amy got engaged.  Ross and I were in Sorrento, Italy, trying to use a pay phone to call him to see if it really happened.  It did and it's hard to believe it was 20 years....and yes it was a pay phone as it was before cell phones!
This is their engagement picture and it seems when he popped the question as they were both in college (he in law school) he rented a hotel room at the C'mon Inn in Grand Forks, North Dakota and sprinkled rose petals all over the floor - real ones.
 November 1997 - so mature - NOT!!!
 OK - I'm catching up on this crazy life.  Last weekend we spent 3 nights in Las Vegas staying with an elementary/high school/college friend of Ross' and his wife - Jon and Ruth.  These photos are not in order but this is the Bellagio flower show which changes every month or two.  We have been a couple times in the past and this was a Japanese theme.
 Ross and Jon looking pretty darn good!
 Ross and Dee😍 - looking pretty white haired!
 For the 2nd time we stopped at the Bellagio Patisserie and had their excellent and not cheap gelato and bypassed the wonderful looking and smelling chocolates.
 I loved the slot machines of old - put in a penny or nickel pull down the handle and win win win!.  Now Jon coached me on video poker and was very patient while I put in $1 bill and came out 5 cents ahead.    No metal tray where the winnings pile out as you have to go to another machine to redeem the big ones.
 On the way home at the Las Vegas airport I decided with my good luck I could put in a $5 bill and that was gone in about 5 minutes - lesson learned.  I remember taking a statistics class at the University of Minnesota that definitely did not show chances of big wins with gambling.
Yes indeed getting to Las Vegas after a major late snowstorm a few days before was a dream - kind of - as the temperatures were in the mid 90s.

 Jon, Ruth, me Ross - dinner out.  We had good food and it's way less expensive than eating out in Minneapolis or Bloomington!  Super deals for seniors!
 Ruth drove us all over and this is Red Rock Canyon National Park and the photo does not do it justice.  It was beautiful and the sky is so blue.

 Jon and Ruth:
 April 15, 2018 - Grandson Alex turned 13 years old and I can't believe we now have a teenage grandchild.  Time does fly!
 The Junior Jones family celebrating the birthday with us.  They had to pick us up as we had about 15 inches of snow and couldn't get out of our driveway.
 21 April 2018 - the Famous FAB6 as we call ourselves.  And yes that is snow on the deck but there was a little path so I could take an outdoor photo.  I think we've been doing this about every 3 months when it works for at least 10 years.  The "ladies" are my former coworker dietitians and we have a long history and the guys get along.
 I guess the Frozen Margarita Pie was a hit and yes I did lick the spatula.
The week before - April 14 and 15, 2018 - what can I say as the photos say it all - ugh!!!





So - our summer calendar is a bit crazy but in the next few days I get to do my favorite hobby - powerwashing the deck and I'm never sure why I love it so much.  It's very satisfying to get the winter gunk off and have nice brown wood showing I guess.  Next up in June is the Rhine River cruise so we'll see how we like cruises.  At least it's on a river, we get off to tour a city every day and it's a small boat fo 60 some cabins not the big ships that hold 9,000 people.  That would drive me bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment