OK - really NOT OK! - local weather person said we are having "graupel" - apparently a mixture of snow and hail. Since it sounded German to me I get out my google translate and in German it means "pearl barley". And it does look like barley outside:) Language lesson of the day!
Busy week as usual - I had a Dee/Amy shopping lunch day again and it's always fun, gets me to actually look at stuff in stores and chatter about almost anything. I keep saying I am so lucky to have such a good relationship with my daughter-in-law. Rare indeed apparently!
Next up - "Meetup" with my high school friends and it is almost 54 years since we graduated from Lafayette High school in 1964. We drive to a central place, North Branch, from 4 directions and sit in the little cafe with great food and service for 4 hours! It goes so fast and we have so much new and old to talk about. Ending with - I remember who I went to junior prom with but can't remember my senior prom date but I do remember my dress. I think I might know who it was though!
Mary, Judy, me and Peggy:
And our senior pictures and the hair colors were all real. They are in order of the picture above just in case not recognizable!
We were wondering if we could still do this and we would sure like to try but we are very mature - hahaha - and a little hesitant. This was in my old farmhouse and thanks to patient parents I had a lot of "slumber parties"
Arizona 6 years ago and no we just sat on Beth's husband's 3 wheeler but it sure would have been fun to ride it to the Grand Canyon just a few hours away!
Stillwater, Minnesota, 2007 - beautiful sunny day and I can hardly believe it's 11 years ago.
I get the greatest gifts from Amy and it was my birthday. Of course another striped shirt to wear as they are my favorite and go everywhere in the world and don't show spots, another wooden wall plaque with always a good note, a little bauble that says "Chocolate Queen" and of course an assortment of chocolates with Paris theme - and good chocolate!So - waiting for 10 or more inches of snow tomorrow as they say 8-12" so I'm taking the middle road. I am mentally prepared to do a little trip planning, watching a couple of recorded TV things and bake bread and maybe pizza crust since I can't sit still for long - that's a good thing!


No comments:
Post a Comment