Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

TV Star, Mother's Day - Time Flies!

The day after we celebrated Mother's Day son Chris the 5th generation attorney was on the evening news talking about the things to watch out for when buying a house that has been "flipped"!  I of course notified all my friends and family and told them he would probably be on for 16 seconds but he was actually on for 3 minutes and 16 seconds!!!
Today he pops by for free lunch and 3 days later he has not yet watched the video because he thought he might not like to watch it!  I do understand that and it's about being overly critical of yourself which I do think nearly everyone is!
The two Jones Moms on Mother's Day - me and daughter in law Amy and yes, we are outside and it went from April blizzards to hot enough to need to turn on the air conditioning!


This was a freebie little basil plant handed out to the mom's at the restaurant.  Great idea!
So in honor of the mothers in my life who have had a great influence:  My maternal grandmother Laura Ethel Hare Sylvester, very British, a teacher and was able to be at our wedding.  Ross looks like "see no evil, speak no evil and life will turn out just fine":):):)
My mom:  Hazel Claire Sylvester Schultz and I definitely can see the white hair genes.  We had so much fun wearing these colorful matching shirts and I wish I still had mine!  She was born in 1926 and died in 2010.
My Great Grandma Ottillie Fredericka Knaack Wolff born 13 January 1870 in Siemern, Pommern, Germany and died 30 December 1952 (when I was 5 yrs 9 months old) in Freeborn County, Minnesota; my Dad LaVern Gerald Schultz, my Grandma Alma Katherine Wolff born 18 December 1890 in Northwood, Iowa, died in Red Lake Falls, Minnesota (my hometown) on 27 March 1958 - on my 11th birthday.  It was a very sad day in my life.  And then there's me - first grandchild on all sides of the family and maybe I was a little spoiled but not for long because the kids kept arriving!!!
And my dear sweet mother-in-law - Dorothy Douglass Jones, me and my mom at our wedding.
Three generations 2007:  me, daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke who is now 10 years old.
And me as a first time Grandma - best job ever in my lifetime - with grandson Alexander John Jones born April 15, 2005 and yes he turned 13 this year - a teenager!!!
Great Grandma Hazel and Alex:
My mom, Dad and me as a newborn out on our prairie homestead farm.
....and daughter-in-law Amy Michelle Griffin Jones with little baby Alex, just a few days old.
Then on to the silly things:  One of my bestie high school friends and me in our farmhouse in 1962 at a slumber party.  We look so joyful but we were always getting in trouble for giggling and still do.  The two of us are now planning our 55 year class reunion for 2019 and it will be at our house again just as the 50th was in 2014.  It went great and no problems, no stress!
We have had and continue to have so darn much fun whenever we can.

And this week my other Bestie Beth - the one above is called Bemidji Beth and this one is called "Beth and Jim Beth" so people know of whom I am speaking.  This was a few days ago and I do notice our deck clock is perpetually set at 5:20pm so Forever Happy Hour I guess.
Lots of travelling coming up and I'm already working on the 2nd trip for 2019 "My trip" to Spain and France not on a tour and I plan the details.  "His trip" is India next February and as my mom said often "I'll rest when I'm dead".  Good motto for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment