Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter Sunday, April Fool's Day - and more snow on the way!

Edit:  My bestie friend is a great editor and proofer and noticed that instead of 71 my age I said I was 72 - NOT YET!  So it's corrected and Thanks, Peggy!!!  I am only 17 or is it 71???
It's April 1 - this is the cover of our church bulletin and Easter Sunday is my favorite church service of all!  It makes it pretty hard to complain about the weather but......I just listened to the weather guy and we are supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow in the next couple days and below average temperatures for a "few weeks".  In Minnesota talk - It could be worse!
 For many years Macy's huge downtown store had an annual flower show in their 8th floor auditorium which I rarely missed but since that store closed there was a smaller one in a mall near us so I went twice!
 I would love to ride this bike through the park and around the neighborhood but it's totally metal so might not work too good!


 My birthday March 27 - I turned 71 and granddaughter Lucy says just to flip the numbers so I'll take that and be 17 years old.  We lucked out to have Guthrie season theatre tickets that night and the weather was lovely to view the Mississippi River from their "Endless Bridge".
 Cleaning house - I know I can still use this "pie dish" purchased in 1995 in England but the brown cracks didn't look too good for company so I took a photo and tossed it.  That's what they say to do in the book about "Swedish death cleaning".  It's hard to do!
 Three strong Jones Ladies:  Daughter in law Amy turned 42, Lucy turned 10 and I turned 71 in March so since we celebrated Palm Sunday March 25 at our house I baked a brownie M&M dessert and it was yummy.
So I'm looking forward to walking in the park someday soon but in the meantime we are looking at our possible travels in 2019 and it looks like India might be making it to the top of the list - do it while we can!!!  Or as my mom always said "I can rest in heaven":):):):)
Heading out to dinner now with Amy's Dad Paul  and Scott;  I didn't have to cook Easter dinner this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment