Even though I am not a sports fan (except for grandkids hockey and soccer of course) I was hooked on the Super Bowl and will never miss the Olympics which start this week in South Korea. I love the opening ceremonies and all the winter competition!
So - I saw these warnings a few places on line and in the news for Superbowl LII (52) in Minneapolis on February 4. It's interesting to me and I thought this was rather "charming".
My friend Mardelle and I just planned a normal 3 mile walk at Mall of America and then realized it was Super Bowl week there with US and international news teams and "Radio Row" packed with stations and interviews being held.One of the hundreds of security people agreed to take our photo with a big smile too! We pretended we were being interviewed and we look like Olympians in the "older age group".
Radio Row - and I heard a few times on the radio that it was chaos!
Carl Eller - I had to google his age and he's "just 76 years old" but sports was not friendly to him. Ross looks much better at a few days from 75. Watching the Super Bowl I can't imagine what those hard falls and tackles do to those young bodies.
The whole deal downtown and at Mall of America was called Super Bowl Experience and I just loved this Minnesota takeout version of Beef Jerky Experience.
The famous Tom Brady and another good looking dude - maybe a little young for us!
So bottom line - The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots who had 6 Super Bowl championships under their belt compared to none for the Eagles. Even though they beat the Vikings I wanted the Eagles to win just once.
Next up - I'm deep into planning the 2018 trips and my Globetrotting Grannies group of 5 is hitting Italy - Venice and Sorrento - and I found from Venice we could take a short waterbus aka vaporetto ride to San Michelle Island also called Cemetery Island or "Island of Death". It looks beautiful and we are going there and best would be if we could arrive next to a "hearse boat" that carries a casket loaded with flowers....amazing experience.
So last week - long could have been more fun week! First I have my 10 year colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday. Monday I start the low fiber and ramp up to clear liquid diet. Monday I also had an appointment at Global Entry (Trusted Traveler) to renew my 5 year membership. Ross and I both had expirations and renewed online and he gets his in the mail and I have to "appear". So Monday morning appointment 9:30am. He drives to the airport, parking lot packed, drops me off, get to the office with a few others there and a guy comes out and says "Did you hear about the government shutdown? All appointments are cancelled and you should have been notified." Leave it to the government - none of us had. So there were a few crabby people but the young guy next to me said he had driven 2 hours in a snowstorm (true) and I just told them I was sorry they as supervisors had to work all weekend. Others stomped off and they told us to "wait a minute", got us in, both done in 2 minutes and a week later my card was in the mail. Pays to be nice I guess!
However - I called Ross' cell to tell him about the cancellation and to just pick me up but he was a few feet from me and told me he had dropped my credit card somewhere in the parking ramp. Ugh - so it's gone not to be found. The new one supposedly got "lost in the mail" so the next one was expedited.
Colonoscopy great - no problems and good for 10 years.
So Spring Break in San Diego first then Easter on April Fool's Day per Amy. I think I'm tired of ham dinners so I'm planning a Foolish Family Feast. Theme songs my be "Fools Rush In" and I find it was written in 1940 and performed many times over the years including by Johnny Mercer, Shirley Bassey and Elvis. Next up "Forever Young" by of course... Rod Stewart!
Done for now.....


No comments:
Post a Comment