Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

Big Birthday and Other Stuff!

 For 46 more days I can say I'm 5 years younger than Ross.  We have had an amazing life and I can't believe he turned 75 years old today and soon I will be 71.  This was from our honeymoon in Hawaii on an evening small sailing vessel for dinner.  Bathrooms down below with droplatch type lock up high and of course it dropped in while I was in there and I ended up having to stand on the toilet and reach as high as I could to get out!  Not the last time I have had rather odd experiences!
 This pictures comes up often - meeting the Oklahoma inlaws-to-be.  At least I was patriotic even if I wore white gogo boots and a formal "hotpants" outfit where the shorts had white stars on the rear end.  It was the fashion then!
 Recent trip and I got a "deal" in the UK by buying a Two for One Railcard - saved $56 on train tickets from London to Liverpool.
 Old picture - Ross at 2 weeks old with his mom.  Ross' Dad was in the Army at the time and his mom took the train to the East Coast with a baby to see him.
Italy 2002 - Family trip for our 30th anniversary - 7 of us and we visited Vernazza Italy on the Cinque Terre.  We had just moved to a new house after 31 years a few days before, both still working full time and Ross so busy and a bit tense with all that was going on and lost about 35 pounds in a short time.  So much to deal with but we sure had fun!
 And my little 10 year old sweetheart granddaughter Rooke with my recent artwork from my "community center" aka old people art classes.  I thought the charcoal bird turned out pretty good so I sent it to Rooke signed by me and she named him Billy.
 From the first class - a little odd not too good but I am finding the medium I prefer to work with.  So far chalk and charcoal.
 
And a couple days ago baby brother Brian got rear ended in a line-up of cars on a stupid LA freeway on his way to work - 2nd time in 3 weeks on same freeway but this time the car got totaled and he left the scene in an ambulance.  No broken bones, some pain and one bruise and God was watching over him for sure.  8 cars in the pile up and he was the last and the pickup that ran into the totally stopped cars was going 50-70mph!  Ugh - police, ambulance, insurance, investigations all ongoing.  Good to talk to Brian about March in San Diego and Jolly Fisherman annual family reunion in August.  Remember - Live Each Day to the Fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment