Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Latest and Greatest!

Best news is I'm doing great after the dumb pneumonia fiasco in June!  This morning I walked 3 miles on a beautiful mild day and then grandson Alex texts me that they are coming here with their Dad and their bikes.  So off I went on a bike ride to the nature center.  Lucy wanted the picture with the wild turkeys.  Then the 4 of us did the pond skimming and caught several frogs off the wiggly dock.  So I had my camera and tripod and wrapped it around a post to get a 3 generation photo, set the timer for 10 seconds and walked over, the dock wiggled and boom - camera in a pond covered with healthy green stuff.  So I got it out with the net and it's now drying in a bag of rice and I'm exploring new camera options!!!
 This is the last picture - probably under the pond after the timer went off:):):)
 Last night the timer thing again worked great for our FAB6 dinner.  I can't believe we have been doing this since at least 2009 and maybe longer.  And I retired in 2008 and left this hospital workgroup in 2004.  Nothing like old friends.
 Jeff and Ross noticed they had "matchie" sandals.  Ain't that sweet!
 So since I don't lie when they asked if these were from my backyard or the farmer's market I looked at the ceiling and told the truth - not my yard!!!
 This wine bag has been going from house to old since at least 2013 and we take good care of it and put the date on it as we rotate houses about every 3 months.
 Earlier this week - off to North Branch to meet my high school buddy Peggy!  Our conversations are fun but also deep and heartwarming with a little chat about getting older.
 My hometown newspaper last week had old photos and we looked at it twice and recognized a lot but not so much the photo from 1912 - what a beautiful little town with a historic courthouse on the National Register of Historic Places.
 Rain rain and more rain - 4 inches last week in this little froggy hand-me-down from Amy's Dad.
 Earlier yet this week - another menu test with our old and best friend menu-testers Beth and Jim who love to eat and are honest with their reviews - and fun!
 Monday this week - quarterly dinner with my college buds who are now in their 50s with kids in college.  I am 16-18 years older than them and we all kind of act the same age - immature!  So last time the power went out in the restaurant so they couldn't do credit cards and this time the air conditioning was out and it was 93 degrees outside.  The good side - we didn't get seated by the kitchen since we had reservations!
 I found a fantastic deal on a t-shirt for $2.50 and they only had one - dangit!
 So "my trip" this fall is London-Liverpool-Paris and the latest new adventure in London is the opening of the Mail Rail Train at the Postal Museum  - 70 feet underground, mail no longer delivered like this but now open for tourists.  So the morning the tickets went on sale I was there and there were 565 people ahead of me.  Should be interesting and I didn't quite get the exact time I wanted but we got it!
Now a few days break and maybe a couple movies this week and then on to the next adventure with grandkids overnight, a Mexican Fiesta group dinner here and family visits.  Life is good and we are lucky to do all we can and every day I am very thankful!  The last time we were in England was in 1998 after Ross lived and worked there in 1995-96 and this is where we lived - Sandrock Hall in Hastings England about 60 miles southwest of London.  Not sure if we will make a return visit since it's not a tourist hot spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment