I'm learning to use a new camera since my old one is a little "foggy" after being dropped in the pond!
Our dinner for the fun 10 friends last night was successful and much thanks to them. Good food, lotta wine, lotta wine and lotta laughing! Since it was a Mexican Fiesta theme Ross and I were the immigration agents.
Name tags and they were collectors items as I gave them away freely after saying "All 10 of them were $3.99 and I had a 60% coupon". I'm El Cheapo thank goodness not El Chapo the drug king.The ones who didn't bring either green cards or acceptable documentation got by with a sack of excellent Czech licorice - apparently the best in the world!
A week or so ago I went to the closest Mexican mercado and got my "supplies".
So had a few decorations, wine, margaritas thanks to guests also. And not too much leftover food - yeehaw!
Big test of the day after the big party: Can I fit my twin grand-niece and -nephew and their mom niece Sara and Justin and a double stroller, a few backpacks, luggage, two car seats and a few other tiems. Yup - they fit in my little Subaru Crosstrek - at least it is just a few minutes drive from the airport! Not quite two, sweet as heck and active as bunnies!
Lauren smiling, Keith trying to take off - very hard to get a posed picture!
Last weekend Alex and Lucy spent the night and we rode bikes to the nearby Japanese Garden. We are so lucky to have it just over a mile away and it is so beautiful all the time.
Alex and Lucy washed my car and I can't remember the last time we washed a car in our driveway. They had never done it before and Alex said "This was really fun and a new experience"!!! Leave it Grammy to swing back to the olden days.
Lucy got braces this week and she's 9 years old. I got mine at 30 years old and about 8 months pregnant so when they checked them they had to haul me out of the exam chair and it took two people!
Never a loss for entertainment when Lucy comes downstairs with a gray wig, couple rubber balls up front and a little butt pillow - amazing transformation for sure.
Japanese Garden metal monument to a man called Dr. Smiley who was a professor at the college where this is located.
Ride to the beach - Alex at 12 is still not too old to build moats and castles in the sand and thank goodness neither am it. I was careful not to drop my phone in the lake!!!!
So busy days coming up for the next month with family, friends, summer stuff and the usual.





No comments:
Post a Comment