Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Health:  Doing good and ended up with a pulmonary consult - passed breathing tests 100% as I knew I would but they saw "funny stuff" on the CT of lung but "normal" for age and recent mild pneumonia.  The doctor asked if I had chemical exposure at work - no - but I told her I was raised on a farm "up north".  She replied:  "....possibility of histoplasmosis 50 or more years ago could cause the scarring seen and may result from bird or bat droppings if I climbed in silos or hay barn lofts" - yup I did.  I told son Chris last night at our annual fireworks event and he says "bat shit right?" and that could mean you are "bat shit crazy" - hmmm......I guess it could!!!
So enough of that!
We had a storm in June and since we had "guests" called Alex and Lucy they cleaned up and trimmed everything - wow - great at 9 and 12 years old.
 So yesterday I decided to ramp up my "resting" and walk the 3 mile park walk and it was great and I noticed they have new signs all over the place and this one told me where I entered and toward the end one said I had .7 mile to this entrance.  Great if I forget where I came from or where I am!!!!
 I'm a pedometer addict and that's fine with me!
 June 26 - a family pontoon day on Prior Lake hosted by Paul and Scott and we had 13 people and legally could have 12 on the beautiful pontoon but it worked fine because there are beaches and parks where people could sit and watch the boats and we took turns.  Cooler than normal weather but super fun!
 We had dinner at the patio of the restaurant on the lake and did not break this law either.
 Big night last night!  Since 1978 Bloomington MN our hometown for the last 15 years has celebrated on July 3.  First it was called Summerfest and now is changed to Bloomington Fete and we have had a family event (along with now apparently 40-50,000 others) with a dinner at our house and then go the mile to the park which is the tricky part - parking ramp, squeezing into a spot on the lawn of the park but it always works.  Amy is the greatest event planner and we are all in on it and I must say Lucy wins the prize pretty often!
 I wore last year's Fete t shirt but then of course bought one for 2017 to support the "cause".

 Even Alex as a preteen is totally in on it.

 Ross is seriously listening to the music while we "gabble and chaw" on freezies and ice cream drumsticks.  I can't seem to talk him into wearing a flag shirt and a headband that glitters.
 They say it's the best fireworks in Minnesota and it did make the front page of the Star Tribune today as it has before.  Woohoo - of course it may be due to it being part of "ringing in Independence Day" as they call it.
Looking back at the Fete:   2016 -
 2015 and yes Lucy got on the stage in front of the bandstand and did a dance performance.


 2012 - wow looking good then and now!
So....now that I'm nearly up to par with energy level I am planning the rest of the summer and into October.  I'm about ready to book the Beatles FAB4 Taxi Tour in Liverpool England where I will be in early October with Ross and since it's "my trip" he can't complain.  That's our rule and so many people we know have adopted it.  We each get to plan our own trip and the other can't complain or whine.....and we don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment