Translation from Portugese to English = My Life is Full!
Nephew Corey and his daughter Love spent a few nights with us and it's always so nice to catch up with the "kids" in the family even if he's over 40 now - heck I forgot I'm 70!!!
The Episcopal Deacon who married us died recently at 86 years old and we attended his funeral at the church where we got married in downtown Minneapolis. It was a full house and he was a wonderful man!Next up - Grandson Alex turns 12 tomorrow and he chose his restaurant and it was Ruth's Chris steak house - woohoo. Ross' favorite one also. I guess we brought that on when we took him to Washington DC for his age 10 trip and ate at this restaurant overlooking Reagan International Airport.
The group and we had the best waitress. We were actually celebrating birthdays for Alex, Amy, Lucy and me as they are within a month of each other.
Next up - another dinner out with my college buddies and this time the power and lights did not go out in the French bistro and the conversations are always scintillating - this time about the best toilet to buy!
Next - we took care of niece Molly and Josh's two youngest: Hazel who turned 4 on our watch and Ruby who just turned 2. Four nights and we did just fine and it's hard to believe. Of course Lucy and Alex helped a lot and love to do it and also get to stay overnight.
Best weather to make mudpies and it was fun for me to teach them. I'm pretty sure I spent many hours and days making mudpies with my brothers on the farm.
Alex set up Hazel's birthday treat hunt and she was pretty excited.
Yes, we have 3 strollers, a crib, a high chair and a pack and play and numerous other things and the kid thing keeps going on and on and on!
Grammy and little girl trip to the Japanese garden near our house which I love. I am able to either walk or bike there or even drive:)
Lucy and Hazel just enjoying the stillness of the koi pond.
They got to go to the store with me and pick out the mini cupcakes and could have as many as they wanted - score!
Ruby became quite attached to Ross and calls him Gampa Dee and keeps saying "Gampa Dee do it". I became like chopped liver! Here she is feeding him pretzels after she may have had a little taste:)
The last night at our house we brought their car seats in and first they pretended they were on a plane to San Diego where there mom and dad were and next up was camping with our little lantern. Never ending possibilities....
Next up - we had a "day off" and then Alex and Lucy join us for 4 nights and our forsythia are blooming so it's spring for sure!
Yes we have dance, soccer and hockey duty also. I went to the grocery today to get stuff for our Easter dinner, brought the bags out, opened the trunk - ooops - no room for groceries. Trunk is full - life is full!
Ross helping Lucy check her math homework. I am NOT a math wizard for sure as one time I helped one of our kids and they got them mostly wrong - learned my lesson on that. Lucy is a math whiz in school and so was Ross.My thing is more like putting together a USA puzzle and then talking a little about each state.
One of my friends asked "When do you get a break?" Well, for one thing these are my breaks as I love retirement and this is a picture of a Portugese tile creation I have by our front door since 2008. And next week I will be in Portugal with 5 ladies called "Gallivanting Grannies".
And this will be our comfort food as my friend Fran from Washington reminded me you cannot buy Salted Nut Roll or Nut Goodies out there. It's a Minnesota company!
So - next up Alex's birthday tomorrow, Easter on Sunday at our house and Chris and Amy return from Las Vegas.





No comments:
Post a Comment