Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

70 Years - Wow is all I can say!

I was the firstborn on all sides of the family and I was a treasure up until I was about 2 years old and my brother arrived, then cousins, more brothers, more cousins but there is some special feeling about being the first little kid of the next generation.  This is me at 6 months old and I have several years of studio photographs that my German Grandma Schultz wanted and paid for!  6 months old - 1947:
1965 - my 18th birthday and my roommates surprised me with cake, we had a little wine, my cat-eye glasses, my homesewn leopard print vest, and the occasional Virginia Slim cigarette!  I'm sure after this we were headed to the usual big house party.  I mentioned the other night when asked that one thing that bugs me is filling out surveys and age is asked by groups - I am now often at the bottom of the list which ends at 65+; however I have seen 65-69 when more specific - then what the hell happens?????

I am told often that I am so lucky to have a daughter in law as a best friend.  Apparently this is not the usual case and we have so much fun together and seems like we are there when we need each other!  Amy's dad and Scott treated us to lunch today and I had a free dessert and a $20 coupon so we discussed who is the most frugal - me or Paul?  I think it's a draw! 
 Saturday night Amy's sister Katie and Matt hosted a family dinner for the March Birthdays:  Me, Lucy, Amy and Katie - delicious food, fun times!
 The Family Happy Birthday Choir!
So we have a lot of family visitors coming up and we keep saying how lucky we are that we can do this and we enjoy it!  And 23 days until my Lady Trip to Lisbon with the name we have chosen for the group - The Gallivanting Grannies!  The secret is what happens in Portugal stays in Portugal.  I don't have a problem with that because when the grandkids have ice cream for breakfast at our house - it's "What happens at Grammy's........" - same deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment