It's almost a month since I took time to blog and this was another fabulous FAB6 dinner hosted by Jeff and Donna February 25. What a treat to enjoy cheese from Portugal since I will be headed there on a girl trip in about a month.
And of course we had more enlightening conversations and we never know how they started.
The girls - it's now getting close to 30 years of being friends and since Donna and I had desks next to each other in our hospital office, I remember hearing her wedding plans in 1988.The girls and the guys who are such good sports and lucky enough to be friends also - because of the girls of course:)
Next up - Lucy's classroom had a "wax museum" exhibit and she played Mary Tyler Moore and had studied all about her and admired her. MTM, as we call her, died in January 2017. Lucy's teacher loaned her a French beret and it's actually from France so good thing nothing got spilled on it!
The concert - all of the students represented someone they chose and gave a talk at their desk with a laptop and powerpoint presentation when we pushed an imaginary "button". Kids are so smart these days.
Next up - Lucy made a goal and each hockey team member gets a trophy at the final tournament.
Then daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke get to visit us for a week and it was a whirlwind of family activity and she loves it. We visited the Science Museum and watched a movie in the Omnitheater called "Everest" - it showed avalances, sherpas (hikers), and some people who died on the excursion. Her biggest request every day was "What time will I see Alex and Lucy today?" since they had school.
Rooke had saved her Christmas money so we could go to the American Girl store at Mall of America - we actually had to go there twice and the second time was to get a tutu for the toy dachsund - hmmmm??
Playing Klask the magnetic hockey game - Jenny smirking and Alex looking serious and Rooke learning about the game:
Lucy turned 9 while they were here so we got to dine out with the goofballs.
Alex turns 12 next month but he can still act really silly and even though he's a "tween" he's game for any kid fun!
Next up - my long awaited visit to the U of M Raptor Center which rescues and helps injured owls, eagles and other big birds. I think this is a Barred Owl and he sure could outstare me.
Another family night and Amy is teaching Alex how to play chopsticks. Our piano continues to be a source of enjoyment for kids.
Kids after dinner making goofy faces and then we all played my Christmas gift game from them called "SmartAss" - it is a kids' game and they do very well and especially like to say the name of the game:)
Rooke was hoping for deep snow and she got her wish one day before they were leaving so out come the shovels, hats, mitts and sleds.
Apples to Apples game - I grew up playing family games and we all argue the details just like I did as a kid. It must be an inherited gene.
Last day was a visit to Minnehaha Falls and it was so beautiful. I think I have only enjoyed it in the winter once.
And then today, March 18 - I had signed up for a free cheesemaking class at a brewery supply place and it was fantastic and of course I bought some cheese making supplies. Hopefully next up at our house will be homemade mozzarella which we were told was the easiest way to start.
And since they sell beer and wine making supplies we got to taste a little beer and wine.
So that's it for the past month. I must have left out a few things because it seems I had very little spare time. However I am trying to ramp up my visits to the Y for exercise. I would like to do 5 times a week but I'm good with 3! Since I am Mrs. Thrift and it's free with our Medicare I sure want to take advantage of it! The well known motto is USE IT OR LOSE IT!
Lastly I just found this little quote note: Rooke was talking about an extended cousin vacation with 7 kids and she asks me: "Do you think you would go crazy?" and then holding her head sideways says I might be saying: "We found 3 but where are the other 4?" - excellent thoughts I am sure!




No comments:
Post a Comment