Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Spring in Winter?????

Thirty years ago coming up in June I graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in Nutrition and Food Science and completed an 1100 hour internship which gave me a career as an RD aka Registered Dietitian.  I had just turned 40 years old and the rest of my internship group of about 11 were the "normal" age for college - in their twenties!  We still get together and it's so interesting and they have kids out of college and the talk is of empty nest, menopause and all that comes with age.  We have so darn much fun and meet up at least twice a year.  Last night's memory will for sure be "Remember when the lights went out?".  Yes, a power outage in the restaurant and out went the lights, the computers, no credit card use and we had to dig out a pile of cash and just leave it with the waitress.  Who carries cash????  Well at least one of us did and it wasn't me - I had $23 plus change!!!
 1987 and yes I am the 2nd from the right and next to me is Ingrid who is sitting next to me at the restaurant.
 Today - unbelievable but true and the temperature hit 61 degrees and sunny.  Of course the prediction is for 3-10 inches of snow by Friday morning.  It's a broad range so we'll see which way the wind blows.
 Niece Molly and family spent last weekend with us and we got these cute cute valentines!
 And little Ruby not quite 2 and since Ross and I had the two little girls for the day with beautiful weather we walked to the nearby school park.  The next morning Ruby pops up beside me with her jacket and shoes and is saying "dacket......suze....pock".  Since she's in her footed sleeper and it's 7am not working too good but I did figure out she wanted her jacket and shoes on and head to the park!
 Last weekend my Turkish cooking class and again wonderful ladies, fun and wonderful food.

 2011 - Istanbul and we visited a mosque and out of respect I wore a scarf around my head.  I think every little bit that everyone can do to respect other people's religions, views, ethnicity and everything else would make for a much more loving and safe world with less division.
 Ross walking beside the very well dressed ladies walking down the street in Istanbul.
 Lisbon - coming up and this is our apartment building for the 5 ladies who will be traveling together and it is a "walkup" to the 4th floor - we can do it ....we can do it!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment