Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

I'm a travel addict - I admit it!!!

I'm busy planning a whole bunch of "things to do" - many requiring an airplane trip and the planning is my best hobby and I always learn a whole lot.  I watch what is going on all over the world and I think of all the places we have been with no problems.  This week Romania is experiencing thousands of people protesting all over the country over the laws that may allow corruption in the government to be less "criminal".
Ross celebrated his birthday on February 9 - quietly at home which is nice!  7 years ago we celebrated in Caesarea, Israel.  It's funny what goofy things are remembered from trips.  We were having lunch with the group and I heard what sounded like really low flying loud fast airplanes that shook the restaurant.  They said "Oh don't worry it's just the Israeli military planes doing some training and testing".
 Last year Chris and Ross boys' birthday dinner - still have to do the family birthday dinner this year - hard to get everyone together at one time!
 Lucy had an overnighter a couple weeks ago and both Alex and Lucy love to sew.  Lucy to Grammy:  "Since Alex and I both know how to use this machine maybe it could be kind of ours and you could have the hard one" - meaning my new serger which I am slowly learning to operate.  Actually about the same speed I am learning to use the bluetooth capability of my car and smartphone.  So far I called Ross from our garage to our family room and it worked great!
 Lucy made the cutest felt bag all by herself and she was quite proud.
 So I'm planning stuff in London, Liverpool and Paris for next fall.  This is from Paris in 2004 in February.  And yes it was a cold snap but Ross may have been exaggerating just a bit but I think he did buy the neck and headgear to stay warm.
 My favorite Turkish cooking classes are back again after a few months break.  The Turkish hosts are busy with jobs, little kids, cooking and I'm sure trying to cope with the new "travel ban" which is currently "on hold" and hopefully altered a lot.  I keep saying it's ok to keep the bad guys out but most of the people who arrived in the USA are good, kind and love America.  We don't talk politics at all at these gatherings!!!!!
 The food is so fantastic and every time I learn to make something new, tasty and best of all it is very healthy - well maybe except for the excellent Turkish chocolates and candy and puddings!!!
 Egypt 2009 - just outside the pyramids of Giza and I have now been able to ride camels twice in my lifetime.  Skydiving was on my list but is moving further down but I would do a zipline if that comes up sometime, somewhere!
Now - ready for niece Molly and family including the 4 sweet little girls to arrive this weekend.  We love them and they love us back!

No comments:

Post a Comment