Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Birthdays - Jolly Fisherman - State Fair - Goofy People!!!

Quite a busy time we have had at our house but now my brother Brian and nephew Andrew just arrived back in California!  I already miss them.  Tomorrow I will be filling in the blanks with each photo but just for tonight - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDDAUGHTER ROOKE IN CALIFORNIA WHO TURNED 9 TODAY.
Update today 8/28/2016 - I get to go to the State Fair again tomorrow with another Grammy and 3 grandkids - woot woot - Giant Slide here we come!!!!
 AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM IN HEAVEN WHO WOULD HAVE TURNED 90 TODAY.  Pretty sweet that they shared the same birthday and my mom lived until Rooke was 3 years old.  She was quite the woman!!!!
Niece Molly's 2 middle children of 4 sweet little girls - Hazel and Claire and of course named after my mom Hazel Claire!!!!  This is at my brother's cabin and they were interested in the bunk beds.
Morning fog rising off Elbow Lake - so beautiful and God is always at work in nature.  The sermon at church today was about each day stepping out and appreciating a bit of nature so I walked a couple miles round trip to the store to buy milk!  I also need to walk off the cheese curds and mini donuts from last week's State Fair visit since I will hit it again tomorrow.
Lucy is silly and she is teaching her little second cousins to be the same silly!
This is it - the annual family resort vacation trip and it is very very relaxing.
Alex and Lucy seem to be able to do anything.  Lucy did the kid sized kayak last year and again this year and she is a strong little girl and can paddle real fast.  Next up was her first stand up paddleboard and of course was able to paddle, dance and jump on that without falling off.  It's really nice to have all this free to use equipment and life jackets.
The three Jones ladies on the paddleboat and we did good even if we kind of went in circles now and then.
Sunset on Elbow Lake.
My brother and Alex fishing off our dock early in the morning.  He is so attached to my brothers and has such fun with them all the time.  Every morning he was the first one on the dock waiting for brother Kent to show up with the pontoon.
Brother Kent cuddling Lucy in front of the late night fire.  I so love my family!!!
And 5 people out on the free equipment at sunset.
The annual goofy family photo - looks much better in black and white:)
And the "formal" photo - thanks to nephew Andrew who has a great camera and takes excellent photos!  There are probably at least 10 more who are not in the photo as people are kind of in and out as they can be for the family reunion.
Andrew's photo of Alex at sunset on the dock - beautiful and amazing photo.
Another big adventure - Alex got a gun from his great-grandpa on his mom's side so Brian and Andrew who are hobby clay shooters took him out to a place close to their house for his first practice shots, then taught him how to clean the gun, safety lock it and get it home.  We grew up in a hunting and shooting family even though I have never shot a gun like that - they were always in our house but in a safe place.
Then the Great Minnesota Get-Together with brother Brian and nephew Andrew.  Opening day and the weather was perfect and so was the food!


I did have to spend some time around trucks and cars and snowplows and other guy stuff.
The "fur coat photo".  Not sure how these fur coats ended up in our house from other family members!  Maybe because we have more room because it's not like I ever wear them.
10 years ago with another fur coat photo.  Considering it's 10 years we don't appear to have changed that much - woohoo!
The annual cookie stop:
And Alex in 2006 at about 18 months old and he was enjoying the cookies just like everyone else!
Niece Chelsea and husband Adam are gardeners and brought this lovely basket for me so I had to hide it at the cabin so I could bring it home with me - delish!!!
Lucy can do the hula hoop for a long long long time.  I used to be able to do that but tried it this year and I get about one-half of a circle and boom - down!
Goofy Alex at our lunch stop on the way home.  At 11 years old and starting middle school he is such a good sport and very confident!
So....on and on we go...can't wait for the Dairy Barn ice cream at the MN State Fair tomorrow as the heat is supposed to be on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment