Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

What a life!

It was our turn to host the "Fab 6" group and we have been doing this at least since 2009 with recorded pictures.  Amazing how the 6 of us age so well with Ross and I of course being the "old dudes".  Another interesting conversation after we started talking about sugar snap versus regular garden peas:  Jeff says they had "pea trucks" in Wisconsin and as kids they used to steal the peas.  I'm thinking I never heard of pea trucks but first thought is a place to pee which is a biffy on a truck..hmmmmm...on and on we go.  Our motto good friends, good wine, good food in that order!!!
 So of course we had a little wine and then did a nice tasting of the olive oils and specialty vinegars I brought back from my girl trip to Bemidji and they were quite popular and I must admit they are excellent.  I bought 7 jars and the 5 open so far are yummy good.
 Then Facebook - I got a "Love Your Spouse Challenge" from a friend to post pictures for 7 days.  I have 3 to go.  This is the first on our wedding day 19 August 1972 - yes close to 44 years ago and this is with my mom and dad looking at the camera and us looking at each other.  I borrowed my dress from a friend, got a super cheap veil and a cheap sandwich reception in the Episcopal Cathedral basement.
 1989 - Hawaii with 2 teenagers and we both have dark hair mine being the "artificial brown" as I started to go white or gray in my late 20s/early 30s just like my mom and grandma.
 1990 - the everlasting church picture - neat looking hair and tidy dress along with the BIG glasses.

1992 - one kid in college and one to go soon.  They look a little sneaky and we look a little glazed.  We were Presbyterians by this time.
2004 - winter trip to Paris and in these times Ross would not have dared to go out like this.  I recall the low temperatures in that month were a record for Paris.  Now we are Methodists!....hmm this is my 4th religious persuasion since birth.
 So yes we are going to Peru and Bolivia in October and had booked a prior 3 night separate tour on the Amazon River on this cruise ship that only has 24 rooms.  Got an email a couple days ago from the company regretting to inform us that on July 16 it had exploded and sank.  Needless to say I immediately freaked out a bit when Ross said we maybe could find another one.  I not very politely declined and said "never"!!!  It had no passengers but there were 24 crew on board and as of now 7 have died.  Not much new information to be found online and very sad for the families and the company. I think we got all the flight, hotel etc. changes made and everyone was very understanding.
This was the ship:
So on and on goes life......

No comments:

Post a Comment