Another farm wedding for the Schultz Family!!! My great-nephew Dustin and Kelsey got married on a beautiful day near Detroit Lakes, MN. I can't believe my brother who is 7 years younger than me has a grandson getting married! The everlasting first dance:
When my brother Kent spied us there I got the usual big hug.And my niece, nephew and sister-in-law were dancing up a storm. I grew up being taught to dance by my Mom and Dad with with a big wind-up Victrola record player in our upstairs - no room in the main areas:)
And my mom loved to dance more than anyone I ever knew!!! I still miss her giggles but I go by her "I'll rest when I'm dead" said with a big smile and a giggle.
So since I have so much spare time - NOT- I am making tiny tiny cushions for Lucy's doll house furniture. It really is quite relaxing for me.
My good friend said she had a lot of extra raspberries so Alex and I picked to our heart's content and then he talked me into making jam with him, It was his first experience so he took a photo with his phone of the haul and sent it to Chris and Amy. We had quite the discussion about how to spell raspberries - razzberries, raseberries, rasberries - hmmmm - the joys of the English language.Next stop -bike ride and Lucy always wants to visit the church lot a block from our house and now they have a labyrinth on the grounds with a plastic container that has what it means to pray there and a little journal for your thoughts. Lucy seems to have a strong faith in God and we haven't even had a lot of discussions about it.
So we have been doing the annual Bloomington Summer Fete (a news anchor mistakenly pronounced it "Fate" - obviously not aware of the proper pronunciation for an English word that means "an elaborate party, festival or celebration". It's pronounced fet as in bet. Lucy really gets into it! It is always celebrated on the 3rd of July which is rather sweet. Everyone else has the 4th of July celebration of Independence Day - 240 years old now - which started with the wish to break away from the British Parliament and "taxation without representation" - hmm - interesting concept in this crazy political arena.
2011
And in July of 2010 we had a restaurant rooftop family lunch celebrating Amy's last day of radiation for the dang brain tumor,This year and there are a few photos from the 38th annual Bloomington Summer Fete which has a huge attendance!
Alex is close to the age of "no picture of me" kind of like his Dad and Bapa Ross!!
And next up - Our Cowboy theme dinner and thanks to daughter-in-law Amy I am well prepared!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment