My birthday is March 27, 1947 and apparently it has fallen on Easter Sunday a few times: 1785, 1796, 1842, 1853, 1864, 1910, 1921, 1932, 2005 and 2016. It is determined by the first full moon date coming after the vernal equinox around March 20. So it's my 2nd time and the next one will be in 2157 so I may not live to be 110 - but then again you never know!
I joked saying we could pick the cutest guy in the room for a birthday girl photo and I chose my nephew - the other guys really didn't seem to mind or even notice! From left: sister-in-law Karen, their son Garrett, me, Lucy and Amy - all lucky with March birthdays.
And it was Easter at our house and we had 11 people, lots of food, laughs, a little wine and a great family get-together. Seems funny the last one just a couple weeks ago was in southern California for about the same number of people!The birthday girls! Paul and Scott brought the best chocolate cake with a big ZERO which I am positive meant zero calories! I'm 69, Amy turns 40 this week, Lucy is 8 and Karen maybe just over 60.
Three days before Easter another silly group of Ross' old work buddies were here for another theme dinner - this one Italian. My goal is to test my cooking skills for a get-together quarterly but it doesn't always exactly work out and dang retirees are busy! Now we are trying to think up a "family" name for this goofy group and I'm sure that will be the next theme. So far we only have "Addams Family" on the board.
Al looks like he might think the dessert platter is all for him - NOT!
So - I got a good deal on 20# of baking potatoes at our local warehouse store. Holy Moly! I have never seen such big potatoes. However it made me giggle because a couple weeks ago daughter-in-law Amy and I went girl shopping and she helped me choose a bra - truth not a lie - and I look at this photo and think hmmmmm - big potatoes! Come to your own conclusion!
Lucy and son Chris studying "1,000 Food to Eat Before You Die" - she was quite serious with her questions about what she might like.
Amy and Lucy making a funny face. I made the sign and since Amy has 3 more days before 40 I had to be careful. Click on any photo to enlarge!
Next - looking forward to picking up niece Sara and her family this weekend for an overnighter. I will get to meet the little 7 month old twins for the first time. My brother would have been so excited for this but I do believe people can look down from heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment