I have now filled in the details on the previous post.
As we landed at MSP last night Alex said "I was happy until this happened" and Lucy said "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands - I'm not clapping my hands because I want to go back to California" - sweet and silly at the same time
Ross and the kids in front of the Queen Mary and we did take the tour. We got to choose one additional guided tour and Alex chose the Ghost and Paranormal Tour - whoohoo even I screamed a couple times. First seacrossing was from Southampton England to New York in 1936, became a huge troop ship in WWII then back to ocean liner and retired in 1967 and now is a museum with hotel and restaurants.
Beach day - my current favorite picture. Lucy and Rooke were pretty excited to have matching outfits. I usually try to remember to do this and Amy helped me this time by showing me one she had for Lucy.What else but more beach!
Alex sunning on one of the free to use paddleboards at the house - no fear at all.
Alamitos Bay is beautiful and yes you can get access to the ocean from it. It was a 10 minute walk to the ocean beach from our house and this was right out the front door.
I might have already posted this photo but I do like it a lot I guess!!
On the whale watch cruise and after a while out it got so foggy you could not see land or anything else for a short time.
On the Queen Mary communications room where a volunteer loved to show Alex how to do the Morse code on a telegraph machine think SOS!! The guy said it might mean "Save our Souls".
On the ship looking over Long Beach harbour and downtown - the whole young Jones family.
The kids were pretty interested in the people who died on board and the cause of death:
Brother Brian is a Corvette collector and brought his latest over. Our rental is in the background. Alex loves cars so he and Lucy both got to go for a ride.
I usually take house pictures before we leave and this is the kitchen.
The dining room:
The family room with outdoor patio at the rear:
The living room overlooking the bay:
And our last night's dinner was at Lucille's BBQ in honor of little Lucy who chose the place.
All for now - busy week coming up with friends for dinner and then Easter at our house a couple days later.
No comments:
Post a Comment