Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Holidays!

How did this happen so quickly???  Thanksgiving over, hockey, holidays upon us and off we go!
We had 12 for Thanksgiving - 4 kids and 8 adults and it's darn fun and we lucked out to have snow that day so the kids wanted to spend a lot of time outside which gives the adults "talky time" and a little social hour time.  We had several of daughter-in-law's Amy family which happens quite often and we all love it.
 The adults with 3 missing but somewhere in the house - I think the kids are busy peeking in the windows and running in the snow.
 Hockey - we made 3 hockey games last weekend and one this weekend.  Las week Alex's team won the Wishbone Tournament and I must admit I am a bit of a Hockey Grammy.
 One of the days Lucy had 2 games and we made one and the second one Alex wanted to come home with us because he heard we were decorating our house.  He loves doing ornaments as he has since he was about 2 - he's 10 now.  He likes the stories and remembers them.  A lot of these particular ornaments were homemade by my Grandma Sylvester and he thought they should cling closely.
 Alex's little cousin Nels asks a question after helping Alex set up my Nativity sets:  "Why are there so many babies?"  - Yes, there are a lot of Baby Jesus!
 Alex also does the best job on my little village and loves doing the snow stuff - I hate doing that!
So I was one of the people who clogged up the Target website on Cyber Monday but I finally got my order in with the 15% off everything and free shipping.  Five online orders later from other places and I am near done.  I also managed to walk twice this past week for several miles without shopping - only talking with my friend - a lot!!!
Next up - I'm planning the next 3 trips in the next 6 months so there.......
And going to church always reminds me what Christmas is all about and that is good.  With all the horrible things going on I feel hopeful and confident that God is taking care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment