Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

We did it!

Six kids 10 and under and 6 adults age range 30s to 70s all at one table and it worked - not quite formal dining but the food was good and it was darn fun.  We were lucky to have niece Molly, Josh, plus 4 little girls 6 and under visit us for a couple nights and everyone was very excited.
 Josh plays guitar and Ross plays the piano and the "ladies" sang from the loft to the Christmas tunes and I thought we did remarkably well considering the age range from 2 to 68!!!
 Ross was a good sport for the on the stairs photo.  
 Sweetest little girls to have around:  Ruby 8 months old, Lily 6, Claire 4 and Hazel 2 years old and Claire is called the "messenger child" as she delivers messages.  One of these was my wakeup call telling me they are ready for breakfast.  They have done this before at my request and it seems we all like it and get to chat it up by ourselves.  I'm not sure who made this hat but it has been around for many many years.
 This is Lucy at around a year old standing in the Jones Pot.
 What a sport - Lucy at 7 years old once again.  Time flies quickly!!!
 And Alex at 10 with his favorite gift from his mom and dad - Beats headphones.  Of course I had never even heard of them.
 Niece Molly is the best mom!  I so often wish her dad (my brother Keith) could be joining us but I know he is watching and smiling and even giggling with my mom....I know it!!!
So the green grass of this odd season in our yard is currently being covered with quite a lot of snow and I'm happy to have a good book to read, wood for a fire in our woodstove and food in the house.  Life is good - and pretty soon we get to head to California!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment