We moved to Bloomington in 2002 and are lucky to have the Bloomington Fete about a mile from our house by a beautiful lake, bandshell and a grassy hill to enjoy the festivities and it is always held on the 3rd of July (Independence Day Eve). Amy says we have been doing this for at least the 8th year now. Voted the best fireworks in Minnesota - so says the mayor of Bloomington!!
Alex and Lucy getting ready for the sunset and fireworks.Lucy really is the best at getting decked out for any occasion - of course with Amy's help!!!
And dancing on the stage with the other kids - it was her idea and she loved it and is not shy!
Last year - loved Alex's hair and of course Lucy's "getup":
Through the years:
2012 - these grandkids are growing up way too quickly.
2011 - even in 2015 they like to sit close to Grammy and I am blessed beyond all measure.
2010 - Lucy was about 2 and dancing with the other kids and the center of attention. I love this picture and it is the year that her mom, Amy, had brain tumor surgery. Yes, we are very blessed in many ways.
So - my eyelid repair one day before the fireworks. My eyesight was being affected by the inherited drooping lids and right one was lower than left. The last few months it was bugging me to try and see things properly and mostly reading a book! Be assured these are not Hollywood style photoshopped pictures - just the real thing!
Over 20 stitches in each eyelid and I sure wanted to have this picture taken - thanks Ross!!!
In case anyone is thinking of doing this it is called a "functional blepharoplasty" vs. cosmetic. I can't say it's fun but I can already see better.
I need to count the stitches but I think it is over 20 in each eye.
Hmmm - up until midnight last night after a family bbq, wine with dinner and watching the fireworks in Bloomington - a little swelling, a little discomfort but normal for the procedure. I will have the stitches for nearly 2 weeks and Alex and Lucy were a little curious and wanted a closer look.
So on with life and the next adventure wherever it takes me!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment