July 8 - Even though I was 6 days out of "functional blepharoplasty" surgery and had 16 stitches in each eyelid I was NOT going to change my dinner plans with college friends. The conversations are lively to say the least - always checking for videorecording of us but we are well behaved and just laugh a lot and are a great support system for anything. And I hear laughter heals stitches faster!!!
Chris and Amy and the kids went to visit niece Molly and family last weekend and got pictures with the "2nd cousins". What fun and how much my brother (Molly's Dad) would have loved to see this day!
All 6 at one time - a small miracle even with baby Ruby Jean in tow!
I think about 1988 - Chris holding little 5 year old Molly on his lap and the rest of the cousins just hanging out! I'm impressed as Chris was about 14 years old here and such a champ and good sport with all these girl cousins.
So today I got the 16 stitches in each eye out. The doc says it looks great and I was happy to have the stitches gone after 11 days. We went to a movie a couple days ago and I thought they had increased the size of the movie screen - quite a difference in my field of vision.
A little way to go with the healing but not bad and doesn't hurt.One long string but the doctor very carefully snipped between each stitch and I barely felt it.
So when I told the doctor today how much improved my vision was he says "yes, you had quite a cap" - on my eyes that is and especially my right eye which was partially covering my iris and of course got worse with jet lag which is pretty darn often thank goodness. At least he didn't use the word "saggy".
We went to a different church and I loved the bulletin cover - hmm good reminder to not sweat the small stuff at home and elsewhere which we all have I am sure!!!I stopped at the grocery today for a couple things and the cashier was looking at her machine and then laughed and turned to the cashier in the next lane and said "Did you know it says pot chips" as she held up my Pringles can. Hmmmm - I have always loved Pringles and who knew why?:)
So in my recovery from surgery inertia I have now made reservations in two towns in Croatia and I could just feel it healing my stitches - onward and upward!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment