Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What I Keep Saying - Time Flies!

We have passed another Nine Eleven Day and every year I get out some pictures from our family trip in 1991.  Ross, Dee, Chris, Jenny, Sara - yes - 3 teenagers!  We took them to Washington DC, New York City, Boston and Cape Cod for a 3 week vacation and it went great which is amazing.
The World Trade towers are in the background and who would have thought just 10 years later they would come down in a horrific way and the world as we know it would change.  It's hard to believe it's been 13 years as most people recall exactly where they were at that time.
I took a cooking class this week and opened my little notebook to write "note to self" and found this.  I thought for sure it was Lucy but she couldn't remember and Alex said he did it.  I thought it was pretty sweet considering he is 9 going on 19!!!!
They spent the night last weekend and Alex and I had cooking lesson No. 2 (first one was homemade meatballs).  This time my Grandma's egg noodles except I have the 20 year old Italian pasta maker.  He used it a few years ago but now can do it by himself.
He's such a serious little guy!  First you make the dough, then roll chunks through it to make pasta sheets then insert in the slot that makes noodles - thin or thick your choice.  Please do not notice my kitchen mess:)
Lucy begged to wash the dishes by hand and does a great job.  She asked Amy "Why can't I ever do this at home?" - Amy says - "you can"!!
I'm doing a lot of solo walks since my friend Sue died about 6 weeks ago and I always love to see this lake, small waterfalls and skyscrapers about a mile from our house.  Maybe someday I will live up high in one of them and look over the beautiful view.  Who knows?????
Sue's husband died from cancer yesterday so I'm happy they are together as they were for so many years.
Lucy is a cheerleader for the Prior Lake High school teams.  Her mom was also a cheerleader in Duluth.  
The kids stayed overnight because Chris and Amy again attended the annual "Humor to Fight the Tumor" event that benefits fighting brain tumors.  It's nearly 5 years since diagnosis - good going!
I will end the same way as recent posts - our passports are still stuck with Brazil waiting for the visa!  Breathe breathe breathe.........

No comments:

Post a Comment