I lost my dear friend and walking buddy Sue to cancer this week. I knew it was coming and so did she but we still did the 4.1 mile walk in the park in June. She is the one on the right one year ago this month.
Summer 2011 in the favorite park right near my house. She kept us on pace and always made sure I had my pedometer on and wanted to know how many miles and how many minutes and what is the pace!!My work team in diabetes education several years ago - Sue is the one who took a big chance and hired me with zero experience in diabetes education, mentored me for 6 weeks and then said "now I know you can do it". Her husband Mike called me with the news and he is also in hospice and I doubt he has much longer so happily they will be together again soon.
Then yesterday I learned that my all time favorite tour guide on our Egypt and Jordan trip died two days ago. He was just over 50 years old and I don't yet know what happened. Me and Matt - we got to be great friends on the trip and even on Facebook.
He was always happy and smiling and brought joy to each day even in spite of occasional difficult people. Each day he started with a little speech about the day and said "Life is Good - Couldn't Be Better". When I told him my blog was called Life is Good he got a huge smile!
So life is good and does go on. I'm excited to have my brother Brian and nephew Andrew arrive tomorrow night from California and then we head to the annual Jolly Fisherman resort family gathering which we started in 2009 - a year before my mom died. It's quite crazy and hectic but so is my family - thank goodness!!!
Oh - and if bad things come in threes - yesterday my credit card got hacked but was discovered immediately and we both received emails and phone calls within minutes!! Some creepy crappy person had tried to charge nearly $600 in Canadian dollars to buy a Canadian train ticket. I often wonder what raises the red flag. So in less than 24 hours new card is in hand, old one dead but I will have a little bill pay reminders to deal with.
So yes Matt I still say Life is Good.

No comments:
Post a Comment