Ross' brother, Preston, visits once or twice a year from Oklahoma. Yesterday was Lucy-Preston-Dee day as Ross had other business to tend to. First off - train to downtown Minneapolis, treated to lunch by Preston, Central Library tour (yawn-yawn-yawn) - and to think I have looked forward to this for years! The guy talked "low and slow" and it was a painfully boring tour but I still love the library. It was mostly how to use the library - duh - I knew that when I was 6 years old. Lucy was great and patiently waiting to check out her two books - every time she saw a chair or bench she sat down quietly. Done!!! Next onto the new Green Line lite rail from Minneapolis to St. Paul's Union Depot. A 45" ride and again she was patient and so were we and it's a very nice train. Back to Minneapolis then the Blue Line to Bloomington. I like this picture of Preston and Lucy probably thinking - "Ok we did that for you now what's up for us - huh???"
A hockey day and we were introduced to a new hockey deal called 3 on 3. It's very fast and there are no breaks in the 50 minute game. Fun to watch!Scoreboard is even more fun to watch and yes, Alex's team is "Home".
We did a nice backstage tour of the Guthrie Theater and of course the endless bridge which is one of the longest occupied cantilevers in the world. I have been on it numerous time but did not know this. What it really means is that it just hangs out in space with no evident support under it.
A new view from the Amber Windows of the 9th floor of the Guthrie with Ross pointing out the sites to Preston.
Site of the construction of the new Vikings Stadium with so I hear the biggest crane in the world. However after seeing the cranes all over China I'm not so sure I heard that right.
Right before Preston's visit. Beth and Jim treat us to the show Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at the Centennial Showboat and it was a great boo and hiss play. Beth says: "Say hi to Preston"; I say "You know Preston?" her reply: "Sure from the wedding"'; me: "What wedding?"; Beth: "Your wedding":):) - that's almost 42 years ago and they were both in it.
Today I met HS friend Peggy in North Branch and we got to talk more about how much fun the 50 year reunion was and we were both still smiling.
So my next thing today was to tackle getting my passport with the Brazilian visa out of Brazil. Steve, the document guy (In the US) helping me says they were pretty slow with the World cup event this month but now are "getting back to normal which isn't tremendously good". So I told him I might need to go to Canada soon by car and will need my passport!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment