Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

I love cooking and friends!

Yesterday was another Turkish cooking class.  We visited Turkey in the fall of 2011 and a few months later saw a little blurb in the paper about Turkish cooking classes so decided to try it.  What great friends I have made.  I sometimes have to miss the monthly classes and every time I get back I get such a warm welcome.  The young woman on the right is a gentle sort and the one on the left is in health care and more matter of fact.  She said the sweet one is like a flower!!!  
 However, better than the good food and fun, my high school friend Peggy and her daughter Nicole were there.  Peggy for the first time and we got to sit right next to each other and chat quietly and get caught up.  We always pick up right where we left off whether it is a year or a few months ago...no time to waste.  One of the greatest things about email, facebook and my blog is how easy it is to stay caught up with friends and nearly on a daily basis.   Another strange thing:  we were chatting with a couple new ladies at our table and one lives 2 blocks from me - small world.  She also has study abroad students from China and the other woman is of Chinese descent so we had a great discussion on China.
 The park:  I finally checked it out by myself before I told my walking friends it was ok and it was ok.  The snow piles in the background are the end result of the cross country ski trails.  Soon.....but today we again had to meet at Mall of American - 27 degrees with 27 mph winds a bit brisk!
 There is some kind of a flatboat carrying timbers on this small pond in the park - not sure what it was about but I guess it is Bloomington's version of a Big Barge!!!
The sun is shining, Easter is next Sunday and we have 14 for dinner and the birthday/Easter egg hunt.  Tomorrow is grandson Alex's 9th birthday and I can hardly believe it so we will also celebrate that.  Easter is my favorite holiday as it is uplifting, spring is here and good news abounds!!!!  I mention again that last week Amy had another great brain MRI so back again in 4 months and it is now getting closer to the 5th year cancer free.

No comments:

Post a Comment