We had 14 people (4 of them kids who like to hunt eggs) for Easter and it was so much fun. We have a mixed "functional" group of extended family and today I walked with Amy who always tells me how nice it is and how her friends are amazed at how well we all blend!! Alex is in the forefront, little Nels (Amy's nephew) adores Alex and is always right on his tail and yes Nels is barefoot!!
Amy's mom Kathy and her husband Ed also joined us."The Pose" - and Alex who just turned nine is just starting to not like it so much but is a good sport. Alex and Lucy stayed overnight on Good Friday so we colored Easter eggs and filled plastic eggs. I asked him what he wanted to do Saturday morning before he got picked up and he said "Make jam". So we did and he got to smash the strawberries. I have memories of doing the same with my Grandma Schultz - my favorite Grandma who died on my 11th birthday from cancer.
Chris, Amy, Katie, Matt, and the Old Lady - busy watching the hunt and sipping wine.
The other grandparents brought the DQ cake for Alex's birthday and it was yummy and we have a big chunk left. I told them we could have it in July as it would keep in our freezer and I always get teased about not wasting anything - but in a nice way....well most of the time!
Lucy found the foam board she made for Thanksgiving at our house and just converted it to the Easter Turkey and it worked great. Lucy preens and prances and uses the word pretty etc a lot. We started talking about the word "conceited" and I explained it and she said "Grammy I really think everybody is pretty and you are too" and then: "But I don't think the people that stole my Mom's purse at Target are pretty, do you?" - very good question!
Alex's contribution - and they both went right on the front door as a greeting.
The Albino squirrel is back and as we were running in the yard Alex discovered his nest in a hole in our elm tree. He jumped out and ran up and then another gray squirrel pops up. Diversity - and they seem to get along very well and now I'm wondering how many squirrels are living in that tree as we also have red squirrels.
Amy's Mom is going on the Italy cooking trip with me and 2 friends a year from now. We got to choose our dates and they are now up on the website - woohoo. They take maximum of 8 per holiday so who knows what will happen but I know it won't be Ross:).
10 days from now we will be headed to Bucharest and another adventure...I read articles about people like me who like the planning and anticipation every bit as much as the trip itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment