Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Eat, Drive, Fly!!

Same three couples as a few months ago, lots of laughs again and great food.  Next time it's my turn and oh what to have!!!  The "girls": Janelle, me and Donna - the Fairview team!
The boys - I must say they get along well and all are pretty patient guys - they know they have to be:).  Jeff is a super cook and Donna gets teased about her less than stellar coffee making skills but she sure tries hard!!!
Next:  Out of the blue I get an email from our old (not in years) next door neighbor from Burnsville who lives in South Carolina.  They moved I think around 1990 so it's been a long long time.  So miracle of all miracles 4 of us from the same block could get together on short notice.  We were certainly a party block and and everyone watched out for each other's kids.  In spite of the frequent "parties" at home and out and about we must have been very good parents because our kids have sure turned out well and of course we are proud.  Two of them are widowed and it makes me sad but I know this is how things go in life.  We were very lucky to live in such a fun and great neighborhood.  I'm sure most people would say "Look at those 3 white haired old ladies".  I would say "party hearty"!
So thinking about the old neighborhood made me dig into old pictures.  Our living room - and we had that furniture until last year and still have the wing chair!  It was purchased 38 years ago.  We moved into our current house going on 12 years ago.
 My old kitchen - hmmm - I haven't improved my neatness apparently and I think this picture was taken after I cleaned off the counters.  Another thing that has not changed is I still love to cook.
 Our old house - lots of trees.  When we were looking for a new house we found many very nice homes with small trees and clear view of neighbors.  I couldn't bear to do it but maybe some day I will have to.
Our Chris and the next door little girl Amy (her mom is the one who was in town to visit) and Jenny chewing on a stick - what else - she was also the rock eater:) in our back yard.
Kids from 3 of the families in the "garage band"
Then yesterday I was again a lucky woman to be able to meet my high school friend Peggy for a little lunch and a lot of talk.  We talked about so many things but we forgot to talk about our upcoming 50 year class reunion at my house in July.  We will just have to meet again!
Someone daughter Jenny works with sent some photos from her recent trip to Budapest - she loved it!  This is the Parliament building and I can't wait to see it and tour it.  It is supposedly bigger than the Pentagon.
So we hope not to get scammed or frauded on our credit cards, I am all packed, everything as secure as it can be and off we go to try Hungarian and Romanian food, wine and Hungarian paprika I am sure.  Next stop.......Bucharest! or Bucuresti the correct way and Budapest is pronounced Buda"pescht" not "pest".

No comments:

Post a Comment