Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Moments in Time

Written Jan 18, 2010 12:06pm from Caring Bridge by Chris:

I just posted a new picture of Amy. The great PT person helped her get out of the chair and moving around a lot more. She walked 40 feet down the hallway with her assistance and a walker. She did really well with and will keep working on that. It was a big accomplishment in the progress chain!! She even put on her tennis shoes for it.
Chris
 Lucy at that time:
Amy, Alex and Lucy two days ago at her dance recital:
Miracles do happen.  From my little Lutheran daily prayerbook:  "Lord Jesus, give us opportunity today to give a bold witness to you.  Amen".  My mom read the Portals of Prayer as did my Grandma Schultz and I guess I am now following in their footsteps with my often silent faith.
Four years have passed since Amy had the brain tumor removed on January 13, 2010.    It could have shaken our family into deep permanent holes but that would not be our family!  She is now volunteering at Abbott Hospital!
Tomorrow I'm meeting Amy for a movie and "popcorn/pop breakfast of champions" as she calls it.  We are seeing "August:  Osage County" about a dysfunctional farm family - hmmmmmmm?????
Fraud update:  Nothing new.  The huge Target breach has everyone talking!
Food:  I finally was able to attend another Turkish cooking class in a family home last Sunday and it was great as usual.  They are my friends and the food is wonderful.
Travel:  Looking forward to a high school girlfriend meetup in Phoenix in less than a month, family spring break trip in San Diego in March - I found restaurants within walking distance from our Mission Beach rental, I'm going to make reservations to see the Hungarian Folk Ensemble perform in Budapest in May.
Family:  Chris turns 40 on January 31 and it is hard to fathom.  Today I finished scanning, editing and ordering a 56 page 120 picture photobook with little stories as a birthday surprise.  We have reservations for a family gathering at a restaurant on the actual day - 8 of us and thinking of a limo if it's cost efficient:)
I WANT TO GO SKYDIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment