News of the Day: For the third year in a row Minneapolis/St. Paul has come out first as the "fittest" city in the US from the American College of Sports Medicine. Washington DC is 2nd and Portland is 3rd. They say it might be because of the variety of sports required to be available for all the seasons and of course the number of parks!
My Grandpa Sylvester was a great gardener. They had a tiny tiny lot and the whole backyard was his flower bed. Since he was 17 years older than Grandma he was a "stay at home Grandpa". Photo early 1960s.
Today when I woke up it was 27 degrees, a heat wave, which didn't last too long as now at 8pm it is 2 degrees headed for -16! California brother Brian calls me at least once a week and does not gloat about the weather but when asked said it was 80 degrees there today.As for me: Alex and Lucy had a school holiday today so we went sledding in the morning and to a movie in the afternoon - a perfect day. All my life I have loved sledding and still do. I have given up skiing and skating because of a weak ankle prone to injury but not this!
Sometimes I wonder how busy young parents keep up with all the activities but then I read about obesity levels in kids, tech gadgets taking over, sedentary lifestyles, "information gluttony" and I rethink and am very happy they have skating, soccer, baseball, dance, ski lessons and most of all HOCKEY! Lucy is on the left and can really "move to the groove". She also made a goal in her first hockey scrimmage yesterday. Go Girl!
So off to walk with my friends a couple days this week, trying to choose my Medicare benefit fitness club and studying up on Romania and Hungary.Fraud update - nothing new but it's time renew our 90 day fraud alert. Time does fly and fraud is certainly big news every day since the huge Target breach - it can happen to anyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment