I have three first cousins: One I haven't seen for 40+ years (he was never too nice and was selfish), another kind of keeps to himself but is a nice guy - he had an erratic childhood and I would guess that is the reason, the third and my favorite is cousin Denny. Last night Dennis and his wife took Ross and I out for dinner and it is always so much fun to get together with them. Also she owns a travel agency and took care of the details of our China trip! This is about 1955 my Dad, me (about 8 years old and always perfectly groomed with curled hair that was not naturally curly), brother Keith and cousin Dennis. I see how my Dad has his arms around each of them. His mom was my Dad's sister and only sibling and we always had such fun with them. The little guy running away is brother Kent. Me and Cuz about 1963 or so. I did wear flipflops even in the barn and chicken coops! He remembers a lot of family stuff on the farm and I always learn something new. Last night it was that he and my brother Keith (who died in 1983) on our wedding night were looking for the Rusty Nail bar and they had to have button up shirts or something like that!!! They would have been about 23 or so.
As the snow and ice and falling temperatures arrived I found this old photo of me about 1948 when I was around a year old, in a homemade wooden sled with most likely my Dad pulling me around - and again dressed perfectly and I have been told I easily carry that sneery frown with me whenever I need it to this day.Alex - first grandchild 2005. Amy says she may have pulled those cute striped pants up a little too high over the diaper. The picture comes out every year. He couldn't walk yet and was about 9 months old so was stuck getting his picture taken in whatever was put on him.
Alex last week helping put up Christmas lights and no - Ross is not peeing on a shrub - he is fixing lights:)
Lucy wanted to wear the apron I got for Christmas that she wore last year. They decorated the whole tree, put my my numerous nativity sets and my village houses - great little helpers.
This was serious business as they could do whatever they wanted with the Christmas cookies.
I saw these funny things in the sky last week that looked like fire and rainbows and then saw on the news they are Sun Dogs which are created by the bright sun hitting on ice particles. Yes it was 9 degrees below zero as I neared the Mall of America to meet my walking buddies. Neither rain, nor storm nor Sun Dogs keep us from trying to stay healthy! Mostly we talk our heads off while we walk and then someone always says "Are we done already"????


No comments:
Post a Comment