Ross does love his music - since college and before! This weekend was the annual holiday concert for the Bloomington Chorale - he sings bass, back row, right side. We entertained whomever could be here last night for appetizers, salads and desserts - and lots of wine - 150 meatballs all gone. I did not have to provide everything! It's a great and interesting group and they are always so appreciative of a comfortable place to gather other than the "risers" in the theater.

One of the ladies walked into the kitchen as I was chatting with a couple others and she appeared to be wiping a tear from her eye but I just thought she was tired. What she said was: "You guys have to read that framed letter in the bathroom; what a sweet letter; the little girl has inserted a large period after every word or two and she wants to make cupcakes and build a snowman". My granchildren are precious in my sight and apparently in others' also!
Ross' mom knitted Christmas socks for us over the years and even had one for Alex but poor Lucy was born just a few weeks before Dorothy died and now Lucy can see there is no sock with her name on it. I can't knit but I think I convinced my friend Mardelle to make one for Lucy - next year:)
I am so anxious for Season 4 Downton Abbey to start I can hardly stand the wait. Last week World Market was giving away free Downton Abbey tote bags and it was so perfect as my favorite actress and a line from her is on the front of it...click to enlarge. Mark your calendars as the new season starts January 4.
This picture comes out every year. Alex 8 months old December 2005 - he can sit by himself but can't walk yet or dress himself so he is stuck sitting on our deck with a pouty lip dressed in his "high waist pants" as Amy calls them. I'm sure this photo will appear many times in his lifetime.
Chris' first Christmas 1974 - then later about 15 years old and he was a dishwasher at Byerly's in Burnsville. I think he dislikes this picture - "hate" is a forbidden word:)
A week of miracles one more time. Amy had her 4 month MRI followup for the brain tumor which presented itself in Christmas Eve night of 2009 - nearly 4 years ago. All is well and this is such good news once again and I know that everyone's prayers are working.This is Chris and Amy at Humor for the Tumor charity event this fall.
Same event last fall.
It's stressful when the MRI time rolls around so to relieve my stress I baked bread and made homemade raspberry jam - works for me along with walks with my friends - indoors for now at Mall of America.
Travel: I'm hearing about the leader of North Korea executing his uncle and how that area is at risk for "eruptions". Glad we made the trip to China when we did as with our history places often seem to fall apart just after we leave. I'm hearing about the "eruptions" in Ukraine which by chance is right next to Romania where we will be in May.
I saw a posting on Facebook about happiness and some of the factors that seem to make people happy are *genetic - my mom certainly did her best to stay happy and her mantra was "I could be sad but I choose to be happy"; *conservative people seem to be happier than liberals; *next and I read about this frequently, are faith, family and friendships or community involvement. We can't control genetics but we sure can choose the others. Amen!
Looking forward to meeting a good friend for a movie/popcorn date tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment