I hear a lot of people talking about stress. Those who know me well know that I love to cook and bake bread and bake more in times of stress. I made 4 loaves today. It started with an early morning email from daughter Jenny who was still at work in California as a 911 dispatcher - with the ex-cop murderer on the loose and now 12 hours later he has still not been apprehended. My bread is good!!! One of their officers was on this guy's hit list and there was a shooting 4 exits from where she lives in the LA area.
My brothers are the best! Brian called tonight and we talked lots of things over for a long time and voila! - back on track. We talked about our upcoming late summer family vacation at the good old Jolly Fisherman Resort - same cabins, same people. This was from 2009 - me and Lucy on the boat. She a little over a year old and buckled very well into her life jacket! It's very hard to believe that she will be heading to kindergarten in a few months. Time does fly - yes indeed - and dear Ross turns 70 in 2 days.I have been reading and studying about China. I hear the rage now is "Chinese maternity tourism" esp in California. Mothers fly here to have their babies as then they are US citizens. I'm reading a book written by a journalist who drives across China for a LONG time. He talks about the 1,000 new drivers registered each day, the "auto boom" and the growing middle class. He comments that if you hit and kill a dog and it is a small one you just leave it; if it is a big dog take it home and eat it. I never quite know what to believe but let it be known that I will NOT be driving in China next fall.
In the middle of all this day I went to the Y with my free Silver Sneakers membership for oldsters. I am determined to learn how to use the various machines. I try to find someone who might give me a few seconds of advice and often is is old guys - old guys rule!
Upcoming: Plan to try snowshoeing with a walking friend, head to Phoenix next month, try to figure out the cheapest way to get from Amsterdam to Zurich, practice on my Downton Abbey menu and on and on and on........
Yum yum! I want that bread!!
ReplyDelete