I see this little picture of grandson Alex from yesterday and for a moment I think "How cute Chris is" - brings back memories of ski days at Buck Hill which was about 5 minutes from our previous home where we lived for 31 years. Of course times have changed: helmets, goggles, shorter skis, no poles. He's a good skiier in addition to the other sports skills.
My great nieces: Lily who will turn 4 in the spring and Claire who will turn 2, mom is niece Molly and new baby is due April 4. This was last week and we were lucky to have them also spend last night at our house - I love little kids...oh and their moms and dads also.
August 1983 - a whole passel of first cousins! My Grandma Laura and her great-grandchildren. Molly at about 5 months old is being held by Grandma (my Mom's mother).
Christmas has passed and as I sat in church and listened to the Christmas story and songs I returned to my February 2012 journal and photos of Israel and Jordan. This is the spot where Jesus may have been born but since there were not smartphones, digital cameras. court records and news crews it is as we believe.
Since this is the supposed spot where "shepherds watched their flocks by night all seated on the ground" I wonder what they would think if they could see the big city and cars surrounding that spot now.
I took another great and inexpensive cooking class yesterday - on truffles - not the chocolate kind. I learned that these are black truffles and they are actually spores or as Dr. Josh says "Fungus right?" - yup. I was brave enough to ask how would one cost. Reply from company rep: Top one maybe about $25 - they are about $500 a pound and the best from France and Italy - NOT CHINA! They grow underground in forested areas and formerly were dug up by pigs but the pigs ate them and since you have to drive to the spots it is much better to have a dog in the car than a pig - so now dogs do it:)
I'm busy with trip planning and I had a small book from Amsterdam - with yellow pages that included Escort Services. Knowing that prostitution is legal there and there is a large Red Light District I started looking at the ads. Seriously I beg to differ with calling this "first class"!!!!! I am also reading about Anne Frank, the little Jewish girl who kept a diary of the Nazis on the hunt. She and her sister died in their early teens from an illness in the Bergen Belsen concentration camp. In her book she writes: "In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart".
I am also encountering the Dutch language - hmmm - have never used it before but I think everyone in Holland speaks English.
Saving the best for last - just a few days until we get to see granddaughter Rooke from California. She is READY with her snow hat - so cute - and I am so anxious to see them I can hardly stand it.



No comments:
Post a Comment