Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

A great year's end with Amy getting results of another good MRI of brain - no changes - good deal!  We continue with the same "program":  Ross' mom's turquoise jewelry, MRI then lunch at Manny's Tortas followed by a treat from Salty Tart eaten in the comfortable and cozy (really!) hospital lobby.  Next followup in 4 months...strong women, strong arms, stick together!  It is nearly 3 years ago when all  our lives were changed forever-we knew it but found out for sure what a wonderful, close and caring family we have.

Yesterday was Lucy/Grammy Day: Wearing Great Grandma Dorothy's old wig, my new holiday apron - a great gift from a good friend! Lucy tells me: "Can I have a snack?  I usually have whatever I want".  This as she eyes the rest of the Halloween candy, candy corn, Christmas candy and cookies.
Finally the white stuff arrives - little bit tonight - way more tomorrow.  This is our back yard just at sunset.
 A bit later, the white stuff a bit deeper.  We do have the best lights in the neighborhood all around our house - only because Ross loves it and does all the work himself. 
Our holiday season is always full as I love to cook and our friends enjoy eating and laughing.  Tomorrow night will be Ross' old work group - always game for just about anything.  The theme is BYOOO - Bring Your Own Outrageous Ornament - not obscene only outrageous and yes that question did arise.  I made a few rules one being it needed to fit through our front door.  For relaxation I am reading "A. Lincoln, A Biography" and then "Anna Karenina" - both 700-900 pages.  I don't have an e-reader and I must admit the Lincoln book might smash my nose if I fell asleep reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment