Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Bonheur!

What I left at home!  An hour or so before we left for Paris I looked out my kitchen window - since we take a vacation at this time every year it's not a new sight but it seems my flowers are mad at me for leaving them to either dry or freeze!
For many years my herbs have survived year-round - it requires bringing them in and tending them in the winter.  The best part is I have them year round.
So - another quaint and charming hotel - Ross calls it cheap:)  This is above the headboard and it means "happiness" or "good fortune" - I will take both please.  I could make this out of a wire coat hanger!  Eyeballing the room I think it must be about 15x15 ft - plenty of room!
 The little booklet is "homemade" - in calligraphy and on an inexpensive little lined notebook -clever!
 Wall picture - needlework - please read the alphabet - being the engineer Ross noticed something - me being the fluffernuffer did not - just thought it was "cute".
 Our hotel in the Montparnasse area 14th arrondisement of Paris - have not stayed in this area before but very nice and quiet.
 Of course - I needed an immediate cemetery fix and Montparnasse cemetery did it - I called this tomb "dancing on my grave" - how great is this!
 Many famous people are buried here and there was a map and posted list.  This is Jean Paul Sartre (a philosopher) buried with Simone de Beauvoir (a writer) - she wrote "The Second Sex" one of the first feminist books about a woman's place.  She died in 1986.  (Peggy my researcher/detail friend - I ask you to find out why they are buried together) -
 Dinner last night - after being up for over 20 hours, 9 hours on a plane, 2.5 hours on a shuttle from airport to Paris hotel, walking, dodging a few rain showers - we FINALLY found a place to eat before 6pm - The French eat closer to 9pm!  And it was good which surprised me for a touristy place.
 My office away from home in the hotel - it's a very old school desk with a school chair -desk even has an inkwell hole!  Somehow the next 2 pictures got welded together - this is Chris and Amy the night of the Humor for the Tumor event last weekend where she was on the committee - close to 3 years out from a brain tumor and looking so cute:)
So on to the next museum and metro adventures today in Paris.  Ross cut his finger turning off our water a few minutes before we left so he is googling where to go for gangrene in Paris - glory be!  Let's hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment