Thanks to good friends who are up for anything (so far) we had a great time with my Minnesota State Fair Food on a Stick Dinner:
The Food:
To start it out right these little guys were hiding and I did the pigeon walk to make people guess - 2nd guy won! So easy to make but I call it a little putsy! It was a tough call who would eat the last little guy. I told them it was a tour group and I was the leader with the umbrella!
Watermelon, Mint and Feta Salad - drizzle with balsamic glaze - just boil the vinegar until it gets syrupy.Caprese on a Stick - Mozarella, basil, tomato and repeat - drizzle with glaze.
Antra with her contribution - the most beautiful decorated tiki torch holding a perfect sizled bottle of Martini and Rossi sparkling rose - might have to fit that in my suitcase on the next trip.
Antra's better half Andy - with his little guy on a stick who actually looked more like a terrorist with little dynamites attached!
Jayne - lots of contributions - and this one is lovely. A very nice one was "Pick on a Stick" - a toothpick attached to a peppermint stick. Where do you get peppermint sticks in August - a dollar store of course!
Al - always brings the loudest laughs! wife Sue next to him and Inotice rolled eyes very infrequently:). Among other things he brought a beautiful fleet enema - and then comes the story about looking at them in the store.
Jerry - He won the Blue Ribbon prize of the Chinese yoyo (35 cents) with his photos on sticks. This is the 4 wives (of course he forgot his own wife) called Sexy Ladies on a Stick - wow - photoshop is great.
Host and Hostess on a Stick....I have a long way to go up front!
Mini pops and Pick on a Stick.
Closer look at the ladies - figures better than the best models - faces with earned wrinkles.
So at leaving we always wonder aloud what the next theme dinner will bring. Al said on his way out "I always wanted to dress as a gorilla" - Jayne says "maybe he meant guerilla" - the zoo or warfare - options are endless.

No comments:
Post a Comment