Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Takin' a Break!

I had stacks of papers all around me in my office - and photos - and old letters and it was taking over my life.  Well, not really, I am being a bit dramatic but I did decide I was getting behind on other stuff and needed a break from genealogy.  So I organized, stacked and had a Grammy/Alex day today.  We rode our bikes to the nearby nature center then to Bush Lake Beach - that perfect beach just .8 mile across the park from our house.  I told him whatever we took had to fit in my bike basket so we had to take small hand towels instead of beach towels and share a small bottle of lemonade.  His reply about the towels:  "Grammy always has the right stuff" - ahhhhhh.
 This is a reason I don't like to leave Minnesota in the summer.  It is lovely even if it has been a little on the hot and humid side - more than normal.  So when we got home today we had to water flowers and I fixed a leaky hose connection for Alex.  His response:  "Grammy you know how to fix everything"! - so it was a good idea to put aside the papers from long ago ancestors for a while and focus on what's here right now!!!!!  He also makes me strut around like a very smart and important person:) - this boy will go far.
On the other hand - I am finishing up some travel stuff for our trip to France in 79 days!  Next to grandkids, beach and bike, travel and planning of it is my favorite thing to do.
“If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment