This is now Amy's favorite holiday - Lucy at first was a little leary of the big booms but soon came to love every sparkle, hiss and boom. I never missed a 4th of July fireworks growing up on the farm.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. —MELODY BEATTIE
Monday, July 4, 2011
235 Years - United We Stand! Happy 4th of July....
Last week Alex and I rode our bikes to Bush Lake Beach across the park from us - a man was putting up all these flags: MN, USA, Iceland and Norway - he was having a family celebration and just sharing his joy and wishing he had a flag for Finland - he is also an airline pilot so we got talking of northern Europe - the world is small!
Bloomington Fete 2012 - always held on July 3 and they claim "the best fireworks in Minnesota" - Alex asks me where the best in the world are and we think about July 4 which is only the USA Independence Day. I said probably Sydney Austrailia harbor on New Year's Eve!!!
This is now Amy's favorite holiday - Lucy at first was a little leary of the big booms but soon came to love every sparkle, hiss and boom. I never missed a 4th of July fireworks growing up on the farm.
I thought this headband on the lady next to us was the greatest - where can I get one like it - or better yet - I would only need 2 colors to do that to my own white hair:)
Trying out the "fireworks" setting on my camera - and wow it worked!!!
Another day - 4th of July at Bush Lake Beach - and what a glorious day to jump off rafts - including Lucy. ..notice the Red Lake County baseball club t-shirt - no, I do not play for them - it's my hometown.
Last week - as Amy says: "Alex is all boy". Last game of baseball last week - our little guy is #3. As the 3rd picture shows he knows what he is doing.


What next you ask? Have been helping a brother plan a trip to Ireland - of course now I want to go there. Just read a travel article on barging in Burgundy, France - now want to do that. Going to San Diego next month and taking Alex on a Bapa and Grammy trip for 4 nights. Looking forward to my next Turkish cooking class this week and am loving the summer weather - finally! We have much to be thankful for including our freedom.
This is now Amy's favorite holiday - Lucy at first was a little leary of the big booms but soon came to love every sparkle, hiss and boom. I never missed a 4th of July fireworks growing up on the farm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Liked your fireworks pictures! Looks like you had fun:)
ReplyDelete