I had a great opportunity last week to go on a field trip with Alex's "Summer Camp" to fill bags at Feed My Starving Children. Alex is serious - watched the video of little Omar weighing 9 lbs at age 2 and soon gaining a lot of weight and looking like a "regular kid". He was determined to be the best and fastest bag filler on our team. We rotated positions: chicken (seasoning), soy (protein), vegies (dried carrots and potatoes) and rice (the biggest part).
Our station: - it was a great experience and looking forward to doing it again in a couple weeks with some good friends.
Me and little Alex side by side - the scale had to show 380-400 to meet the guidelines or we had to add a little or scoop a little out. We did 11,000 meals and each bag provides 6 servings.Today Ross' brother Preston will arrive and we have a few things planned and a few backups to stay out of the expected heat wave. I continue walking with my friends and Sue is always there. Tuesday we decided to try a new "trail" - ended up walking 7.2 miles and we did not die from it even though it was not intentional and will choose a different path. Today we decided the rain would hold off but a block into our walk it started - up go the umbrellas and off we go for the 4.2 mile usual walk talking every minute. It is not only good physical but excellent mental therapy. Listening to the world news tonight: Betty Ford and "Why We Love Her" - to tell the truth I did not remember much about Betty Ford and I'm thinking so many people are loved when they are dead - I want to be loved while I am living!!!!!
Trip planning for Istanbul/Turkey - managed to make a reservation to see the Whirling Dervishes (actually a religious form of dance) - email reply: "2 people reservation confirme" - closed with this: *Sincerely*, *Best Regards*, *Good Works...* - seems like that covers about every closing salutation. Also managed to get a day trip to Ephesus on Atlas Jet....hmmm new one to me but the price is right!

No comments:
Post a Comment