Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day and Happy Days!

LaVern Gerald Schultz (1921-1985) - I have now outlived my Dad as he was 63 when he died - much too young. This is in 1947 when he was 26 and I was his first-born and much-adored daughter at a few months old. He was proud of me my entire life and always let me know it.
Yesterday in California - granddaughter Rooke learning to wink with hot pink glasses on - quite a feat and so cute.

Busy days we have had - niece Molly and Josh, Lily (age 2) and Claire (a little over 2 months) spent the night with us. It was my first meeting with Claire who was named after my mom, Hazel Claire. Lily is quite the charmer and was quick to find my Oreo cookie stash.

I was happy to know I still have the touch. I love little babies and have always loved rocking them to sleep and it still worked! The secret: humming Christmas songs. Me and great-niece Claire born April 6, 2011 - exactly one year after my mom died.
Friday morning - new 5.3 mile route with my walking friends Sue, Carol and Mardelle. Sue is the leader and it is like boot camp but really good exercise. I usually manage to walk Hyland Park with her twice a week. I was thinking that with the four of us walkers there was about a 20 year age spread. You know who you are:). I am so lucky to have this beautiful park a couple blocks from my house.

Thursday evening had my former diabetes education work group over for potluck and it is always a good time and good laughs. I have been fortunate all of my life to really enjoy the people I worked with and I am thankful for that.

Big Bike, Little Bike - my bike is a few years old and has been called a "Grammy Bike" by some - love my wicker basket. Since I am about 5 feet tall I had to get a special order short bike:). Alex's little bike next to mine - looks so little but he easily passed me up riding to the nature center and then wanted to ride home, make a lunch and bring it back there - ummmm no to that. This was right after we took him to the doctor to have removal treatments for a foot wart! He's a brave little guy.

Rest stop in the park - I am such a lucky Grammy.

Funny kids' things:

Alex talking about my nephew Andrew: Pretty soon he will grow from college and be growed up and go to work every day!

Alex after watching the old blurry video of Chris and Amy's wedding - his comment to Amy that evening: Mommy, why did you have to go last?" -talking about the procession down the aisle.

Chris - finished Grandma's Marathon 26.2 miles yesterday in Duluth. I usually hold my breath periodically until he crosses the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment