Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons!

I dont' have a fancy quote today! What I do know is that a January thaw is scheduled for Wednesday January 13, the day of Amy's brain tumor surgery. I also know it is easy to post comments on my blog by just using an Anonymous ID - no password needed.What does tomorrow bring? Amy and I and a friend of hers are meeting at my house and having our toenails "done". This means I have to shave my legs - not a winter project for me!!!....who cares. I only agreed to this with a promise of a malt at Convention Grill in Edina. My friend Beth, the now published writer, introduced me to this place several years ago.What about last night with Alex and Lucy at our house for the night! Amy feels that the Minnesota Wild superb win was a win for Amy and a loss for Amelia the Brain Tumor. Chris and Amy are right in that Lucy "runs the show" - you sit where she tells you and let her wear what she wants. My mom says she is the "spitting image" of me and Lucy's other Grandma Kathy says she is just like Amy...who's to know..... Lucy is Lucy.Rooke is in California way and cheering Amy's way through surgery in her own very special and California way - she too is the "spitting image" of her Mom, Jenny.

Lucy in the Wicker doll cradle.
Lucy taking care of our dolly purchased at the Bloomington Senior Center - now unclothed but formerly in homemade flannel nightie!
Alex will do very well in college - while Lucy lolls away in the dolly bed he is practicing his writing skills - a minute later being silly by calling me "Tooty" - a word he is not supposed to use and which I think is a bit funny....and then competing by the two of us lofting small cars down the hall to see who can get one the farthest.
Who doesn't like to play dressup - especially inside in Grammy and Bapa's big winter boots - Lucy tried to put these on a tiny dolly but dolly could not stand up well.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't know one could post comments.... this is cool. The grandkids must be great levity these days....such cute pictures. We are having Nolan one night next weekend and I'm abit nervous about it.... some day I'll be as comfortable as you are with these little ones. You too will be in my prayers.
    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics... thinking of you all from afar.
    love sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun with the little ones! Amelia's going down on Wednesday! We're sending lots of love and many prayers your way.

    Love,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete