Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heads and Toes! Cheers and Kudos!

Had a lovely day yesterday when Amy and I had pedicures with a friend of hers (she with Keys to My Karma and me with Chick Flick Cherry color). Then off to Convention Grill - chocolate malts, burgers, fries.
Today was another Driving Miss Daisy Day - off to MRI Headquarters again to have the Stealth MRI; might I add the electrodes are about 1/2 inch in diameter, baby blue to match the new tee-shirt she was wearing and 3 visible and I could not notice any missing hair.
I have been noticing in a couple places where we (and sometimes one of her friends) are standing there blithely discussing brain tumors, upcoming surgery, toenail colors - at Papyrus card shop in the Galleria in Edina in particular - the two young girls at the register halted their conversation and looked at each other with "the look"....kind of thinking maybe we all needed a little brain work.
In reading the medical reports today thus far I saw encouraging signs of the type of tumor, prognosis, "benefits outweigh risks" - it is appearing to be a "childhood-onset pilocytic astrocytoma" in the right frontal lobe - if you have to have a brain tumor - type and place are not too bad.
After this "ya know ya need to eat" - so off we go with Daisy in tow to Panera in Edina for lunch and brownies for take home.
THE GREAT NEWS OF THE DAY: While Ross is texting Chris with updates we get one back from him saying he has made partner in his law firm of Helmuth and Johnson - are we proud? What do you think? This morning just happened to be the annual "voting" day and it was unanimous. How will we celebrate - pizza and Panera brownies at their house, home to our house by 7:15 with Alex and Lucy joining us for the night. We will take them to school tomorrow and then head to Abbott Northwestern.
I want to thank all of you who follow my blog, the lovely notes on Caring Bridge, and the love and support we all feel - you can't know how much it means to all of us.
Share our fear, share our joy!
This just in: I had closed this blog and then read our email church newsletter and the Moment of Reflection where I get many quotes: The family that perseveres in good works will surely have an abundance of blessings (CHINESE PROVERB)

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for more updates on Amy and Amelia. Lots of good wishes are heading from me toward your family.

    ReplyDelete