Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

May Day 2024!!

 May 1, 2024 - May Day and busy times as usual!
Today in 1998 Ross and I were in Sorrento, Italy on a trip of course and we knew our son Chris was planning to propose to Amy so with no cell phone in those days we got some kind of a public telephone booth card and finally got through to him!  Very exciting and yes he was getting engaged and he was planning to sprinkle rose petals on the floor of the C'mon Inn hotel in Grand Forks to make the proposal.
They wanted to get married in the 20th century (1900s) so they did get married summer of 1999 after he had graduated from law school.  Very exciting times in our life!
And the best is walk/chat with my walking buddies and enjoying nature all over the world - even a few blocks from our house.
We have had rain this month - much needed - and the falls from Normandale Lake about a mile from our house was rushing and even "foamy" as it was running into Nine Mile Creek to head to the Minnesota River Bottoms.
My friend Beth and are have been best friends since the 1960s and we now live about 10 minutes away from each other so easy peasy and always lots to talk about....old and new and aging!
So I do have a nerdy step counter and it does count the steps in 24 hours and then keeps a total until it gets to 999,999 as there is not room for 1 million.  Now I want to know how long it took me to get 905K+ steps so that's why I took a photo.
Yesterday was April 30, 2024 and exactly 4 years since my last chemo of the 6 rounds I had to Stage IIIc ovarian cancer and I feel so blessed, fortunate and joyful and thankful for every day.  Life is a journey.
4 years to the day after my last chemo and I walked the 1.4 miles to our nearby Japanese Garden at the community college and same amount back home.  The cherry blossoms are in bloom!

Grandkids.  Our 16 year old in California went to prom and the "guy" tried to buy a corsage and boutinerre in a store with no luck so he bought the stuff to make his own.  Awesome.
Eclipse day 8 April 2024 and of course we were covered by clouds and not in the path but granddaughter Lucy popped over for lunch to drop off new sweatpants for "alterations".  It was really fun to talk about the whole Schultz Jones family reunion at Jolly Fisherman in 2017 when we saw the whole eclipse and now they say we might see it in 2044 - yes 20 years from now!

And this was the very exciting day  that Chris graduated from law school.
And Chris and Amy while they were in college - they look like little kids and I think it was 1996.



OK - I'm sort of caught up and of course crazy trip planning and guests coming to stay with us a few times over the summer.  Life is busy and fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment