Most of my retired friends say the same thing "why are we so busy when we're retired" - then "I guess it's because we are having fun!
The Fab6 quarterly meetup at Jeff and Donna's and we do this quarterly, rotate houses since 2009 and we already have the next one date set at our house in August! Food is always a lovely surprise and most often it is a "test recipe" or two.
3 dietitians plus their hubbies and we get along great - ages range from mid 50s into early 80s!
We worked together since the 1980s and the young one since the 1990s.
And of course the bimonthly meetup of 3 more of my workmate dietitians and we all just happen to live in Bloomington Minnesota!
I am the left side 2nd one down and of course we all have our white medical jackets on as required.
Mother's Day and my sweet son Chris bought flowers just for me - how sweet is that.
We did have a brunch out that Amy arranged and I told Alex and Lucy (19 and 16 years old) to make the "oh whatever.." face for their photo. Good job! Alex finished his first year of college doing great and Lucy has her driver's license - time flies!
The 2 Mrs. Jones moms - me and daughter-in-law Amy who arranged the brunch. We are both cancer warriors!
Son Chris and I am 77 and he is 50 now. Hard to believe.
Nature is the happiest thing and gets rid of any worries that may be on one's mind. And of course there is lots of nature in the parks close to our house and I can walk right over there. Pretty often I see one or more deer and they just stop and look at me.
The geese and their young ones about a block from our house and when I go on the sidewalk their are very protective and pretty often hiss at me which is how geese protect their family.
And of course Bloomington is a city of turtles and they line up on logs in the lake to pose for photos I am sure.
Another beautiful night downtown at the Guthrie Theatre and it's so great to see that much water flowing over the dam under the Stone Arch Bridge after a couple years of severe drought.
Good restaurant next door to Guthrie.
My baby brother Brian in his mid 60s already with his 2nd grandchild in California - Emily Lina and she is a beauty.
Right next to our front steps I saw a robin fly out as I headed out to walk and so I took a peek and their is a robin's nest. First day it had 5 eggs and 3 days later it had 6 and today it was back to 5 - all in the last week.
Our backyard is a big green forest and you can't even tell their is a neighbor's house behind all this.
Today once again on my walk I hear lots of birds so I get out my phone and turn on the free Merlin Bird ID app and in just a few seconds it shows me all the birds I have heard. I talk to people in the park and have told a few about this and met them again and they were so happy to have it.
And of course I made sure the sweet baby turtle got across the path safely headed who knows where.
So up next - in a couple days we head to Ross' home state of Oklahoma for 5 nights to visit his brother and wife - a couple nights in Tulsa, a night in Muskogee his hometown and a couple nights at the family cabin at Wauhillau Outing Club on the Barron Fork River. The cabin was built in 1924 and his dad helped his father build it when he was 16. My father-in-law Pete was born in 1908 and died in 2008 so lived to be 100 years and 6 months. He died 6 weeks after my mother-in-law Dorothy who was 98.5 years old and he said he didn't want to live without her. How sweet is that!


























No comments:
Post a Comment