Pages

Friday, February 9, 2024

Happy Birthday to Ross!!!

Happy Birthday to hubby Ross!  And he does like spicy food so my gift was a hot salsa and it did not burn off his lips for dinner tonight.  So I ask:  Was it hot?  He says:  It had a little kick to it - while he had a hiccup and teary eye but loved it.  He says I probably wouldn't like it😁.  So this year if reverses the numbers it works great and he will be the same age as our grandson - 18 - figure it out!
Another BIG celebration - our baby boy Chris turned 50 on January 31 and he did make reservations at a "supper club" and it was super good food.  Supper clubs are back in style apparently as it was packed and it was a Wednesday night.
And being frugal I made my own brilliant card and it was pretty interesting in a math sense!
Granddaughter Lucy taking a selfie of us - she does better at it than Grammy!
Busy week as we had our season ticket for Dial M for Murder at the Guthrie and it was fantastic.
And a beautiful view again of downtown Minneapolis off the Guthrie Endless Bridge overlooking the Mississippi River.
We have had a "winter" with so many records beaten with warm temps and finally the fog and gray skies departed for a few days and this was the sunset off our front porch.
And of course another fabulous Fab6 hosted by Mike and Janelle - we try to have it quarterly and rotate houses but of course half are still working and we all like to travel so it gets complicated but we have done it since 2009 a year after I retired and we got lonely for each other as office workmates at the hospital.
And of course the goofy gang! - half goofy half normal I guess!

My tooth saga!  I haven't had a tooth filling since I was 18 and in July 2023 I needed to have a tooth yanked and still working on the implant.  The titanium is in there and maybe a crown by April and people say it takes a year and a few thousand dollars of course.  Then in January 2024 I felt a lump on my gum which turned out to be a fistula abscess so hopefully root canal which did not work, next up yank the tooth out one week ago today.  Not exactly fun and 17 days before we head to Vietnam where I might try eating fried crickets.  So on the adventure goes and I was worried that it would have to be cancelled which would be the 4th time - cancer, covid, covid closings blah blah blah.  But I feel like it might be a go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment