In the last 7 days lots of things going on! Today is 19 December 2023. I had my ovarian cancer lab CA125 followup a week ago and it's "stable" and I do love that word now! Daughter-in-law Amy had her MRI followup after the brain tumor recurrence September 2023 and it was clear!!! The Jones ladies are strong and mighty! The day after my checkup and after having a molar yanked out in July I had the next followup and had the titanium implant drilled into the healed tooth hole. Next followup in 3 months to check it out and then will see a dentist to get the crown. So far close to $5,000 and not done yet and we don't have dental insurance but most people say it doesn't cover much of this anyway.
And walking trooper that I am even in the winter as long as there is not ice to walk on or "snice" as the meteorologist called it (intermediate between snow and ice:) 😁
Then good friends popped in for "hinner" aka Happy Hour Dinner to eat a little cheese, crackers, olives, sweets and of course a little wine to cheer us on!
Went to a fun gathering of retirees for the first time at the hospital where I worked for 20+ years. Lots of memories of people and other stuff. One of the gals at the table with me gave me their wonderful crib when Alex was born so lots of kids slept in it at our house and a couple years ago I passed it on to another former workmate and it's in good use with a grandma once again.
Ross is in our church choir and has been in choirs for decades and "covid hit the choir" last week and we were set to host the holiday choir party at our house tomorrow so since probably half the choir including Ross got covid or "sick" it is cancelled until January so the choir director is hoping they can sing Christmas Eve. So far I probably won't get it as it's several days out and the last time I didn't get it either when he did. Don't ask me why - just lucky!
So Ross loves lots of Christmas lights and so do I but I don't like to put them up so it's a "man's job" at our house after just a tree the last couple years.
No comments:
Post a Comment